Guitar Hero: Van Halen

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not sure for what system its going to come out for, I imagine it will be for both 360 and playstation. But I am really looking forward to this one, Van Halen as tons of great hits, and it's going to be a blast playing them on Guitar Hero.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
On the Guitar Hero games that I have, I noticed that they never had any Van Halen songs on them, so I kept saying that they just needed to come out with a Van Halen edition. The day I heard it announced on the radio station I listened to, I was so excited. I probably can't afford it when it comes out, but I'm really excited for this one too.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Oh, I'm sure they will release some type of special guitar with it. And I'll probably end up buying the whole set for the special edition one, even though I already have a guitar since I got the World Tour one.

Eruption would be fun to play. I can't wait to play Hot for Teacher...that one is so fast paced I bet it will be a blast to play.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I want this one. I am a fan of the GH games. They have not let me down yet. I will be getting this one as soon as it hits the shelves or I see it in the stores. I also enjoy the GH for the DS too. That is fun to take with you and rip out some licks while sitting somewhere.

I haven't really been impressed with the band specific editions of Guitar Hero thus far. To me the strengths of the music rhythm games is the wide selection of music to chose from, and the band specific versions take that away from it for me. Granted, they try to remedy that by having a handful of songs from groups that the titular band was influenced by, but it just doesn't appeal to me nearly as much as a regular new installment.

But who knows, maybe the Van Halen version will change that. The Metallica version almost got my money because they apparently tweaked and fixed alot of issues from World Tour in it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Playing Eruption would be awesome, especially the eleven minute version. Just imagine playing that on expert it would be extremely intense, but so fun to play.

I doubt they'll have it, but I really hope they have Can't stop loving you and Love Walks in, my two favorite songs from Van Halen.