Guitar Hero ain't that important

I put it in video games because it's, well video game related.

The company has more than 125 players signed to management deals. Top players can earn more than $80,000 a year, plus outside sponsorship money, says an MLG spokeswoman. The average pay is in the $20,000 to $30,000 range.

Blake has done well in local tournaments, including one held at a Chick-fil-A that earned him 52 combo meals. By his account, he has lost only once since "Guitar Hero III" was released late last year. Some of that time was spent playing online, against players from all over the world.
This is how he knows he's good. It wasn't that long ago that kids who excelled at some activity, say basketball, would only have to go to the next neighborhood to have their dreams crushed by some older, more accomplished player.

newsobserver.com | D Arts & Living
People I know have always talked about liking games so much they'd quit school just to play one day of them, but I never thought someone would actually go ahead and do it.

I thought he left school for good until:

Blake Peebles, 16, of Raleigh, dropped out of school last year to devote himself to playing 'Guitar Hero,' and his parents agreed to have him home-schooled. 'I usually play till I can't anymore,' Blake says.
Good! At least he's still continuing his education. I was about to say...

Good for him. Good luck, buddy, and watch out for carpal tunnel.

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
hmm...... maybe i should do the same with rockstar who knows maybe i can pursuade them to make me a part of their team lol

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
There is no way in hell I would let my son drop out of school to play a video game. I enjoy playing the game, but i wouldn't go that far to play the game.

That has to be one the biggest Bone headed decision of 08. Sometimes I wonder about todays parents.

Oh yeah, from my experience it's harder to get into collage if you are home schooled.

Rectify88

Registered Member
They may just end up having guitar Hero Mayhem fest now, oh man they might start touring. lol

Does it make me a bad person that I hope this decision blows up right in his stupid face?

I love video games, but there is no way in hell I would drop out of school and try to make playing them my career. All it takes is for the game you are good at to lose popularity and a new one you aren't as good at to pop up, and suddenly you are fucked beyond belief.

It's crap like this that makes gamers look like idiots.