• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Guilty Pleasures/Shows That Get A Bad Reputation

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Are there any shows that any of you watch, that are guilty pleasures, or that kind of get a bad reputation? I'm just wondering. I have a couple. One is Gilmore Girls, whose finale was in 2007. It gets a bad reputation for being a "soap" or a "chick show," but here's the thing... there's something for everyone, on it. The cast was amusing as hell. Hey, even Sebastian Bach was on it! I laughed my ass off when he sang "Hollaback Girl." The other is about to be in season 2, in April. It's Devious Maids. It gets a bad reputation because it's by the creators of Desperate Housewives. But again, there's something for everyone. And I've pulled in a lot of people because Judy Reyes is in it. (I have a lot of friends that are fans of Scrubs).

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The Hills comes to mind. The pointless bitch fests on that show have provided me with endless hours of entertainment. Gossip Girl would be another one, although I don't really go out of my way to watch it. I only watch it if I'm flipping through commercials.

If I really had to pick a guilty pleasure, I'd say Lifetime movies. They are so laughably bad, that almost ALL of them are unintentional comedies. I've even gotten one of my friends from another forum to start DVR-ing them for fun. Haha. This weekend we'll be watching The Deadly Look of Love. No joke.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Bubbles said:
The Hills comes to mind. The pointless bitch fests on that show have provided me with endless hours of entertainment. Gossip Girl would be another one, although I don't really go out of my way to watch it. I only watch it if I'm flipping through commercials.

If I really had to pick a guilty pleasure, I'd say Lifetime movies. They are so laughably bad, that almost ALL of them are unintentional comedies. I've even gotten one of my friends from another forum to start DVR-ing them for fun. Haha. This weekend we'll be watching The Deadly Look of Love. No joke.
Did you watch "LIzzie Borden Took An Axe"? I still need to finish watching it, but it was pretty damn good, from what I saw of it. Also, did you know that Nathan Fillion was once in a Lifetime movie, with Keri Russell? It was called "Waitress".

Iris

rainbow 11!
okay.... I have two. Glee and Grey's Anatomy. Glee especially. Some of the girls are really hot and I mostly spend the show leering. but I do enjoy some of the songs.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress" and "I Found The Gown" my best friend and I enjoy making fun of some of the demands the various shoppers make. Her and I have a blast riffing them

Konshentz

Konshentz
Currently? No, not really.

But I have been known to watch some pretty girly stuff in the past.

Dawson's Creek, The O.C. and Gossip Girl just to name a few. :lol:

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
HIJKay said:
okay.... I have two. Glee and Grey's Anatomy. Glee especially. Some of the girls are really hot and I mostly spend the show leering. but I do enjoy some of the songs.
That's one of mine, as well! I genuinely enjoy it. Although... why the hell does it keep going on hiatus, especially without warning?

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Konshentz said:
Currently? No, not really.

But I have been known to watch some pretty girly stuff in the past.

Dawson's Creek, The O.C. and Gossip Girl just to name a few. :lol:
James Van Der Beek was on Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23, and he was HILARIOUS. On the show, he even competed against and had a rivalry with Dean Cain (Superman). It was so amusing. I never watched Dawson, religiously, but liked what I saw. :)

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I used to watch "The Vampire Diaries" but in the last few seasons the storyline and everything around it just got stupid. I really liked the vampire story in the first 1-3 seasons... but when it got mixed on with some really shit stories like ghosts, werewolves, hybrids, witches and warlocks and the same stupid love story triangle in the middle... Give me True Blood anyday!

James Van Der Beek was on Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23, and he was HILARIOUS. On the show, he even competed against and had a rivalry with Dean Cain (Superman). It was so amusing. I never watched Dawson, religiously, but liked what I saw.
I was a Dawsonite. I mean... jesus, Katie Holmes. How could you not be a teenager/young 20 and not watch that show... *drools*

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
BourneofDarkness15 said:
TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress" and "I Found The Gown" my best friend and I enjoy making fun of some of the demands the various shoppers make. Her and I have a blast riffing them
I joked that the U.S. Olympic team needed a show on TLC, to help them find a better sweater, and to call it "Say 'Better' to the Sweater." I regret nothing! =P I've never even heard of "I Found the Gown," but I occasionally like watching "Say Yes to the Dress." I also like "Four Weddings," on that show.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shwa Health & Fitness 5
sunrise Movies & TV 6
sunrise Movies & TV 12
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 8
Turbo Music 1