Guilty Pleasures in Wrestling?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are there any wrestlers, matches or angles you have really enjoyed but you were slightly ashamed to admit it? Maybe you have been secretly loving a wrestler who doesn't exactly wrestle your ideal style or has the same faults as other wrestlers you criticise, or you enjoyed a match that was universally panned by your fellow fans and you have no idea why you liked it. Come and confess all your wrestling guilty pleasures here

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
John Cena.

I will never like him. I always admit to myself that he's extremely popular with the younger fans and he's great for the WWE and their new image in the post-Attitude era. Vince is trying to be very family-friendly now and he's a huge part of that.

He's a better good guy poster boy than Austin ever was. That sucks because Austin was awesome in promos, interviews, and antics; all of that on top of being great in the ring before he got hurt.

I hate to admit that John Cena is good for the WWE because I can't stand his wrestling or character.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I loved Eugene especially in 2004. Even in it's later days, I still found him to be one of the more enjoyable aspects of Raw. The only real negative I could think of for the character is that he was pushed too hard early on.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
The Sandman. I know he completely sucked in the ring, but I enjoyed him a lot during his WWE run (as I hadn't gotten much of a chance to see him prior to that). I was actually a little bummed when he was realeased.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't think Santino is a guilty pleasure, since he's the most funny wrestler in the business today. I think 90% of the wrestling fans enjoy when Santino gets some air time.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I don't think Santino is a guilty pleasure, since he's the most funny wrestler in the business today. I think 90% of the wrestling fans enjoy when Santino gets some air time.
Each to their own mate.

Another one of mine is Randy Orton, absolutely hate the bloke but he does wonders for the company.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you understand what guilty pleasure means Aleks?

If you don't it's something your emberassed to say to someone that you like him, or a storyline that you enjoyed that only a few people would actually like it so you don't want to say anything.

Randy Orton is no guilty pleasure.

I found myself laughing a few times when Hornswoggle set up the ladder and climbed to the top to talk to DX. I can't help but to laugh at midgets. Especially when they come to the ring in a helmet or in boxing gear. But most of the time, I just shake my head and fast foward.