Guest Host

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We'll we've had a lot of guest host this past two months or so, I was curious when it comes to guest host would you rather have a celebrity or a former wrestler? Thoughts and explanations?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It all depends.

Some wrestlers could be total busts even though it would make sense to have a wrestler over a celebrity. However, some celebrities make it a lot of fun (I particularly liked Barker).

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I can't really judge as i haven't watched a RAW since ZZ Top. I hate the whole guest host concept though and out of all the guest hosts i saw, the only one i enjoyed was Million Dollar Man, and even that wasn't a particularly great RAW. It was just better than the other dismal guest hosts.

The main thing i hate about the celebrity host concept is most people are just there to plug a new show/tour/film. It's fucking product placement, and i hate seeing time go towards advertising instead of building up feuds properly for PPVs.

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Million Dollar Man did a great job and I think Trish was pretty good too so I would say Ex Wrestlers although Shaquille O'Neil was very good also.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I prefer the former wrestlers too but most of the hosts have done an okay job...Rhodes was awesome, Shaq was awesome, DiBiase was awesome and Barker was awesome...the rest did their job. I dont mind it but like I said the former wrestlers work better.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I guess in the end it depends who it is, because some host were fairly good like Barker and O'neal, but some were pretty bad like Piven. But some old wrestlers were good as well like DiBiase and Rhodes but then you have Sgt. Slaughter who was god awful.