• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Guess What: Another Fire

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't at all mean to sound callous, but at least it doesn't look like it has a major potential to spread. It looks like there's a lot of opportunity to stop this thing before it causes a ton more damage. Undoubtedly we'll hear about many casualties in the aftermath of this catastrophe. That's a ton of damage to sustain all at once.

What's so concerning about a lot of the recent fires that we've heard about is the fact that they're right in the middle of major pine forests and have the possibility to burn for miles and consume hundreds of thousands of acres and homes. We lost 509 homes here in our fire I believe.

This one just looks as if it took everyone by complete surprise (given that it all happened at once.) Definitely not a good situation. I wonder if we'll see any new regulations to prevent future derails.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Dozens Missing After Train Explosion

The train explosion happened last Friday but I didn't realize how devastating it was. There are dozens of people missing, some people can't find their kids. There are even firefighters there from the US.

Dozens missing after oil train explosion levels Canadian town center | The Raw Story

Here's another link that has a lot of pictures of the disaster.

Breaking news: Canadian town center 'wiped out' as freight train carrying hundreds of tons of crude oil derails and explodes | Mail Online

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Real shame nonetheless, it's crazy that one train can cause this much damage. Undoubtedly we'll start hearing about a shocking death toll shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Merc Bathroom Wall 1
StroShow Hockey 18
Crypticshock Hockey 60
sunrise Bathroom Wall 23
kay_whizz Introductions 8