• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Guess the Torterella punishment

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
John Torterella will meet with the NHL punishment department around 11 o'clock. This thread is to speculate is punishment and than discuss it when it comes out.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My guess is that he's going to get fined $150,000 and suspended for fifteen games.

I have no issues with what he did.

StroShow

V.I.P.
If the players can fight, why cant the coaches? Someone should have fired a puck at Hartley. He's the one who caused all of this, and did pretty much the same during his Atlanta coaching days. John Torterella will get a crazy fine, what bizzy mentioned seems accurate. As far as suspensions goes, 12 games will be my guess..so a little under a month worth of hockey games.

Sabby

Bizzy said:
My guess is that he's going to get fined $150,000 and suspended for fifteen games.

I have no issues with what he did.
It was awesome, Dana White needs to put him and Hartley in the Octagon

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't get what the big deal was...so Hartley started his goons; so fucking what? Are they going to go butt rape the Sedin sisters? Highly unlikely. Sure, it was weird to start those guys but Torts completely overreacted like he always does. The guy is a freaking nutjob. He was protecting his players, okay dude, whatever.

And then to go running to the Flames lockerroom? That was pretty damn hilarious. Someone should put a straight jacket on Torts. He clearly needs mental help.

Anyway, he'll be made an example of. Anything less than 10 games will be a shocker. I'll just guess 15 for the sake of the thread.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Bieksa was also in the hallway beaking off... He too might get disciplined.

I've already said my piece on this in another thread... the whole thing was stupid. Both coaches should be fined for the first two seconds. Torts should see a one month ban for being a fucking retarded lunatic.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's really surprising. I thought it was going to be 15 games, not just 15 days. Torterella definitely got off easy so did Hartley who initiated the whole thing.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
@DarrenDreger 6m

NHL announces 15 day suspension for Tortorella. Without pay. Equates to 6 games. Hartley fined $25K.
What a joke! That's lighter than the mayonnaise I eat!
Quite surprised they didn't drop the hammer on Torterella with his four previous fines and all. I expected more from the nhl but I do think the 6 game suspension is a fair punishment. Cryps, why do you think the suspension is so light?