• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Guess the Number of Games thread!

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Well, since we are now seeing a dirty hit every friggin' night and a suspension every day... Let's guess the numbers!

Tom Wilson completely drills Schenn in to the boards. Wilson came in from well beyond the hash marks at full steam and hit Schenn in the numbers, right in to the boards. "First time offender will get 3 games"

Tom Wilson Video: http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=262350

Kyle Quincey hits Ryan Getzlaf right in the numbers in to the boards, Getzlaf's lip hits the lip of the boards where it meets the glass and he leaves to get work done. I'd give Quincey 2 games.

Kyle Quincey Video: http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=262330

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilson doesn't even get suspended. I know that Schenn had his back turned to Wilson on the hit but it seems nowadays that every player does that rather than protecting themselves appropriately thinking "If he hits me, he's gonna get a penalty". So for me, no suspension for Wilson. I'm assuming he got either a boarding or charging penalty but at worse, an ejection was the right move.

As for Quincey, I agree with you. 2 games for Quincey.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He has a phone hearing. I think Wilson will get five games. It was a pretty dirty hit in my opinion and she deserves to get a lengthy suspension for his consequences.

TORHABSFAN

Sometimes I think Shanahan spins a fucking wheel to determine suspension length. Nobody know what to make of anything anymore other than to guess 2 games as most people seem to get that.

For me this hit by Wilson was really really bad. Dude freaking speed skated from half way across the ice to take out Schenn.. There is Charging and then there is what ever the fuck that was.

I dunno If It was my call Id give him atleast 10.. I can't believe he is getting a phone hearing that hit was as bad as I've scene.. Really scary shit, You have got to send a message on that stuff you can't have that in the game.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Funny, sad, tragic, thing about this - People are trying to blame Schenn. With the speed Wilson was coming in, I highly doubt Schenn seen Wilson with the split second shoulder take he took. Even if he did, all he seen was a blur and there was no way his brain could process why a freight train was allowed on the ice...

I have not read anything on Quincey... What the?

- Holy shit! Just watched a video of Mike Milbury on OTR today. I actually agree with everything the windbag said... What is happening to Milbury? This is a guy who climbed in over the boards, went in to the stands and beat a guy with his shoe. Milbury is asking for stiffer suspensions and fines... talking about putting the bearhug in to take out hits on the boards.

Then they showed a clip of Adam Oates - "Tom Wilson's hit was totally legal. I didn't even think it was a penalty" - Then McPhee "Schenn was too slow to get out of Wilson's way".

Are you fucking kidding me?

Video: http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=262831

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He's makes all valid points and I totally agree with him. Obviously, coaches and owners will always side with their players, but come on! How the heck was this Schenn fault? No way he could have avoided that. The only player in that situation that could have avoided it is Tom Wilson himself. Man, he was flying when he nailed him.

Also, I really liked when he mentioned that there's too many suspensions as of late. It's unbelievable how many suspensions/game misconducts we've had in the last month or so. I know you've been highly critical of it all, Cryp. And, I totally agree with you. It's going up at a record pace, and something needs to be done. I don't agree with the bearhug rule that Milbury suggested, but I think stricter suspensions without pay would be a good start.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
In the last 11 days, there have been 11 suspensions. If no one sees a problem with that, they need to find another sport. This is embarrassing. We went through that lockout so owners could get player contracts under control, create better revenue sharing streams and so players could get a better retirement plan. I guess player safety has gone out the window... Sometimes I am glad Montreal is not filled with superstars like some other teams. Imagine if we had Crosby. I'd be gutted to see him lose 1.5 years because of soft tissue damage in the neck...

Must suck being a fan, dishing out hundreds of dollars to see your favourite team and player play... to only see him leave the ice two nights before on a stretcher because some giant jack-off doesn't know he should not hit a guy in the numbers.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Do you think plays like these happen a lot more often because of the lack of respect players now have for each other or the game is becoming faster and faster every year?

Didn't Marchand lay a dirty hit last night as well?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Faster, harder, better protection so they feel a little more invincible and no clutch/grab in neutral has increased speed coming in to zones.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What a load of complete and utter bullshit - Tom Wilson will not face any disciplinary action for hit on Schenn.