• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Oldschool GTA San Andreas is back

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I just read about something I am genuinely chuffed about, GTA San Andreas is back, pull of the sheets, wipe off the dust, GTA San Andreas is making a come back; to a mobile device near you!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas reloads, empties clip into smartphones

Hooker-beating fulfillment reaches iOS, Android, Kindle and Windows Phone 8

While copies of the latest version of Grand Theft Auto V are flying off the shelves, Rockstar isn’t sitting on its laurels. It's announced it will bring the much-loved San Andreas 2004 version to phones and fondleslabs.

"Encompassing Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas and everything in between, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has been upgraded for its mobile release," Rockstar said in a statement.

"Newly remastered graphics including dynamic and detailed shadows, greater draw distance, an enriched color palette, plus enhanced character and car models make this the best-looking version of San Andreas yet."

From next month the San Andreas version will be released on Android, iOS, Amazon's Kindle platform and Windows Phone 8 devices.

Read more
I will personally be getting this for my iPad as soon as possible, I am a huge fan of GTA:SA so to be able to play this on the go is something I am really pleased about, will you be getting it?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I laughed quite a lot at the word "fondleslab". :lol:

This seems like an interesting idea, except that I'm not generally a fan of handheld gaming and especially not mobile gaming. It's not that I don't think it's worth doing, I just won't be getting it to play myself. If they re-released the game for the Xbox 360, though, I would be all over that. San Andreas was a great game.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I love San Andreas, but I can't imagine playing it on an iPad or iPhone. The controls were difficult enough on Xbox.