GTA in court again; Media Influence, how much possible?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Merc, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Why am I putting this in mature discussion? Because I'm so pissed and tired of hearing the media blamed for stuff that is parents' faults. Read the above bolded text. Need anymore proof? These idiots are just trying to suck money from a company that has plenty.

How can we possibly allow people to blame media mediums for stuff like this? What if I sued Superman Returns because I put on a super suit, dove out my window and broke my leg in an attempt to fly?

I'd like to hear your feedback on media impact and how much it can really influence. Is there any solid way to prove it?

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Moved to World News.

3. Omega

Omega Ω

See right there is the problem not the game nor the kid. I have been Mentaly abused by my stepfather and I want to kill him had a good chance to one night but that is not because of a game.

I agree with you Merc, it is just like people blaming eminem and ludacris ect
    for there kids flipping out and killing people or themselfs. It is really because people are bad parents but they pretent that the kids were brain washed because of a song or a game.

more about this topic.

4. Abuse is still no excuse for totally losing control and killing three people. But it's a shame that people are willing to overlook a triple homicide and look to blame games like GTA since they can't accept responsibility for their own actions.

Of course, I don't know a single person who would say the media has no influence over a person's life.

5. Omega

Omega Ω

Have you ever been physical and mental abused for a large period of time?

If not how the hell would you know how people react?

I mean come on if you watch you stepdad beat your mom half to death and then he strikes you down for telling him to leave your mom alone. I am not saying that happen to me by the way. The point though is it will mess with your mind and make you want to do anything to get away from it all. I think if you push a person far unuff they will flip and do anything to change the problems in there life.

6. PlainSight

PlainSight Guest

Wait wait wait... He had a stepmother AND a stepfather. I am confused.:confused:

7. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

>_> It's called adoption...

Yeah, it's getting rather ridiculous...hopefully in a few years people will start to take the blame rather than trying to shift it...except in this case...I think this guy should be given a psychiatrist

8. PlainSight

PlainSight Guest

In my experience, people just call adoptive relations "mom" or "dad". Or, "Mother" or "Father"

9. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

Yeah, I think this kind of thing is insane. Boys kills however many people but the games are responsible. Columbine, anyone?

I mean really, as in Columbine, if the adults had taken any consideration about the well being of those two kinds they might not have killed those people.

Its the same in this case the parents are the problem, not the games. A game isn't going to cause a 14 year old to want to kill some body. But an abusive parent will give him reason to kill. The step mom and step sister didn't need to die though. But they didn't try to protect him either. Perhaps in his eyes they were guilty by association. But I won't blame him for killing the step father. The other two, that is too much. I see it this way, he is guilty for 2 counts of murder, but the other was self defense.

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Well it's either that or this:
    Exit birth father
    Enter stepfather
    Exit birth mother
    Enter stepmother

I see the adoptive thing working out more though