Grudge time in SD

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Merc, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Seriously, what is wrong with you Sim? I've tried to be nice to you but you carry this grudge around with you to the point that I'm actually feeling discouraged when it comes to posting in SD.

Then again, as a question to the entire forum, why can't you people not act like tweenaged drama queens holding your little grudges against one another when it comes to posting? I can think of at least 4 people that do it in the few seconds I think about it and that's depressing. I may not like people, but I don't carry it into every post I make. That's called holding a grudge.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the main reasons why SD has degraded lately. Now that the election is over, hopefully a lot of this animosity and general douchebaggery will stop, but this middle school bullshit with people whining and bitching at another user based on previous encounters is angering. I can be honest and say that I don't like Sim for all sorts of reasons, none of which I'll go into since the mods can't seem to define the rules consistently lately. Yet, whenever I enter a thread with a response from him, I read it and respond without saying, "Oh he's that jerk from the other thread" or "He was mean to me, so now I'm going to be mean to him!" or other crap like that. You bet your ass I'd love to dish it out to him like that, but then again, I'd love to set the Westboro Baptist Church on fire, doesn't mean I'm going to do it though.

I try my best to respond to people without resorting to my prior interactions with them. That's not to say it's wrong to use your experience in responding to folk because that's ignorant, but judging people based on a few posts you didn't like is a bit . . . dense. For example, our fellow board member Alex was quite the spammer in the past and I'm pretty sure was banned on at least one occasion yet he became a much more productive member and it seems unfair to hold him to his first set of posts which were quite inane.

Another perfect example: pro2a. Yeah, I like the guy, but I certainly don't agree with him all the time. Probably about half or a little less if I had to guess. Yet, some users seem to think we're married or tied at the hip since I defended him once or twice. Yes, we also all know that pro2a is of a . . slight right wing persuasion and that's worth remembering when posting, but treating him like some hillbilly jerking off to pictures of rifles and God (like some users seem to do to him) is not necessary and ruins threads.

I was going to blog this, but I figured I'd post it since I want to hear some responses. Do you feel as if members hold grudges against you and can't respond to you without dragging out some past judgments? What do you think SD needs to do to help regain some shine, polish, brightness? Do mods need to crack down harder on users or rules? Or is it the users who must begin to check themselves? What do you think?

EXQEX9 and DinoFlintstone like this.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think people just need to learn to agree to disagree. It's as if people think that they will actually be able to change people's minds by yelling and screaming. :lol:

3. Merc

Yeah I know what you mean, but you gotta admit Hybrix, that people can't help but respond to each other without thinking "Oh yeah, it's that asshole from the other thread, he's probably posting something stupid" or "Yeah, she's probably just being a bitch again" and then they read the post through blind eyes.

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i think people just need to accept other people's view and also accept that you cant change someones opinion and ther is no point in bitching and moaning at people

everyone has their opinion and everyone is entitled to it

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Both things. Rules need to be enforced more strictly and members need to be mature and not act like a 6th grader when they receive an infraction.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I was going to start saying that I don't think rules should be stricter... but then I realised I dunno exactly what rules you are talking about

Anyway, in a perfect world maybe we'd read every post without judging it based on who wrote it... but you have to be realistic here, also it works both ways. For example, if you read a really sarcastic reply to something you'd written you might be slightly offended, but then you realise its by AngelsPeak and know that shes like that with everyone so you take it in a different way (just a little something I've picked up :lol:)

EndWinterRomance likes this.
  7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I have no idea why you'd think that.:shifteyes:

As far as the SD section, I've just started posting in there again. I realize that I caused quite a few problems myself sometimes by not being able to budge one inch on my opinions. It's something I've been working on and I'm putting it to the test right now. (wish me luck)
    Anyways, I think the only real problem that should be addressed and enforced in SD are the personal attacks. It's what truly turned me off in the first place and I really hope it ends, now!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
    EndWinterRomance likes this.
  8. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I think this kind of thing belongs in chat and private messages....

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think you belong in chat...by yourself...

RATTIE and icegoat63 like this.
  10. Merc

That's a nice way to set a standard for the rest of the mod staff: flaming. Way to make the best of the MotM award :-/

Tell me about it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008