• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Grrrr over priced shipping and won't combine

Nanner

Registered Member
Ya know what? What kind of negative could this seller leave? That you didn't pay? What would justify her negative in comments about you? I don't get it how she can get away with this. Aha.....checking their feedback I see they like to leave neg saying they charge large shipping amount (and no combine) because the item was so cheap. Ummmm then don't sell the freekin item for so cheap! I tell ya....I've sold boutique kids clothes for like 5 bucks with only a few bids, brand new and never once jacked up the shipping. That isn't how eBay is suppose to work! If no reserve then you get what you get! The "left for others" negatives are just so arrogent! I'm steaming over this one for you.....and all honest ebayers! people like this shouldn't be allowed to stay! Going to go kick a puppy or something now.......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

BTW I see you share my addiction of "The Sims" :lol: Great price! (sorry saw that when I was looking up who this seller was)

Julie

Registered Member
If you're being over-charged for shipping, it's considered "circumventing fees" & against ebay policy. You can report the seller here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-circumventing.html

Although, I don't know how far you'll get with it. I reported one seller & ebay sent me emails back that they would be investigating it, & yet the seller is still on ebay & still charging the same shipping price.

I just love (NOT) how ebay can constantly go around pulling this auction & yanking that auction, but they keep letting these other sellers charge these outrageous shipping prices.

Yeah, here's a GRRR from me too!

TGirl

Registered Member
Well just recently I bought about 10 lots of jewelry from this guy/gal and it said combine shipping on the auction...so I got the invoice after winning the 10 lots and I paid about $35.00 for those lots and then I looked down at the shipping and it was 65.00 for shipping....I e-mailed them and asked to combine...they said they did and got all huffy and told me if I didn't like it then don't buy from them...........I was so mad and then when I get the box it has a paypal label on it and it does not say how much it was to ship...and it said 10 pounds...I weighed the box and it weighed 7.......I know I was ripped off... I thought it was a great deal, because I got all the lots for 35.00 yeah well they got their money in the shipping....
~Trina~

fairyquadmother

Registered Member
TGirl said:
Well just recently I bought about 10 lots of jewelry from this guy/gal and it said combine shipping on the auction...so I got the invoice after winning the 10 lots and I paid about $35.00 for those lots and then I looked down at the shipping and it was 65.00 for shipping....I e-mailed them and asked to combine...they said they did and got all huffy and told me if I didn't like it then don't buy from them...........I was so mad and then when I get the box it has a paypal label on it and it does not say how much it was to ship...and it said 10 pounds...I weighed the box and it weighed 7.......I know I was ripped off... I thought it was a great deal, because I got all the lots for 35.00 yeah well they got their money in the shipping....
~Trina~
That's why I NEVER bid unless they say right in their auction how much each additional item (lot) will cost in shipping.

My purses are $4 to ship priority because they are so light, I sold one yesterday and just added $1.00 to it for the second one. I thought that was fair, then started to feel guilty that maybe it would be too much LOL.

Speaking of which, I need to pack some stuff to ship today!!

Lana

helpisontheway

Registered Member
I have an issue with sellers who are lets say in CHINA and put USA as where the product is located. If I see an auction shipping for 30$ I know it's not coming from the states.

In Canada I know the cost of the boxes and envelopes and I know what will fit in them... I know that EMS, UPS or anything coming from China is in the 30$ range so I never bother even bidding...

The fact of the matter is most people will post a dollar amount on the shipping in order to make up for the loss they may get at starting an auction out lower then what they want to...

It's robbery... in fact to my understanding anything shipped with a tracking number already has an insurance premium imposed on the cost. I believe in Canada for Canada Post you are protected for loss up to 100$ if you have the original receipt to the value of the item... Not sure how much in the States...

Anything over the value of 100$ then insurance can be purchased...

For people who are not using their eBay account as a business should not be imposing fees as they do...

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Anyone ever notice that you can pad your shipping cost without the buyer knowing?

Julie

Registered Member
iggyshotthebear said:
Anyone ever notice that you can pad your shipping cost without the buyer knowing?
I don't know how you got away with it, but my buyers notice! Now, don't think I pad my shipping because I don't. Let me explain: I have a digital scale I bought at Sam's that works very well to weigh items on. I put the item in a box to get a more accurate shipping weight. I use peanuts & bubble wrap for my items, so there's no extra weight. I found that newspaper tends to add on weight, especially depending on how much you use. I put the shipping calculator on my auctions, & offer 3 different shipping methods. This way my buyer can choose how they want it shipped to them.

Well, one time I was packing & shipping like 10 auctions at once & I had just had the baby at the doctor that week for 6 month check-up & shots, so she was very cranky & clingy. So one of the auctions I ACCIDENTALLY shipped it Parcel Post instead of Priority like she had chosen. I completely overlooked it. Well, this person sent me an email bawling me out for shipping the wrong way & said they "figured I owed them $2.23 for the difference in shipping". So I sent her back an email explaining & refunded the money!

So I only pack & ship when the baby is napping now! LOL

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
I tack on one dollar. All of my auctions start out at .99 cents and actual shipping costs. The extra dollar is to cover packing materials that I usually forget to charge for lol So it all does even out in the end. My shipping calculator is ALWAYS off. I really do need to invest in a scale.

Jonnywildboar

I have been ebaying since 2001 - aaaahhhhh , the good old days, sellers left feedback as soon as payment is recieved , afterall what more could they need inorder to leave a positive ...... of course paypal wasnt so readily available.

now almost every seller wont leave feedback first,

DRIVES ME MAD !!

out of principal i would leave them negatives - if you get them in return simply put 'retaliatory feedback' below.

people know the score these days.

in the old yahoo auctions feedback wording could be changed - this might be a better idea than simply withdrawing it

what an awful seller - deserves to be busted

CHrt46

Registered Member
Re: Got my items that had overpaid shipping

I would report them to Ebay for excessive shipping charges. I would also request for the difference of what you paid to the seller and the actual shipping charges.