Grrrr over priced shipping and won't combine

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mina, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I bid on some belly rings, and have aways gotten combined shipping in the past. This time the seller is charging $3.99 each just for the shipping. It's my fault that I didn't ask and bid when there was only a few mins left, but here I'll be paying around 16.00 for shipping of items that way about 4oz total!!!!

Better be some nice shipping lmao

This seller also wants to charge $1.30 for insurance for EACH item, even though they will all be in the same package.....

Sorry to rant, it's just that it really gets to me when sellers overcharge for shipping, etc...

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Ive had this problem before, and if you have the same experiance that I did, you wont get special treatment for paying that much.

If you do, I would be surprised

3. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Yeah, that kind of sucks. With the company I work for, the shipping price already has the insurance included in the price. It probably also depends on how much the items cost, and what shipping company they are using.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Mina, this happened to me too.. Here's what you need to tell the seller. Tell them that if they are going to charge you individual shipping for each item, then you expect to receive individual packages. Tell them that if they combine shipping on their end, but not on your end, that you will report them to eBay and leave bad feedback. They are ripping you off and they know it.

If they give you trouble, just be sure that you don't "combine negatives." Leave each one individually! :D

I can't stand sellers like that.

5. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

i had this same thing happen to me and the guy was suspened from ebay for this

6. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

You shouldn't have to pay the extra insurance either...because for that price they better be using fedex or ups....insurance is included with that.

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I'm waiting for a reply to something like this (my fault also for not asking first...but 2nd item was ending in a few min and I just saw it and bid) 2 little kids items with a total of 10.50 shipping w/o insurance (high to begin with) I wrote her 3 days ago (right after 2nd auction ended) asking about shipping and no reply yet. Wrote again about an hour ago. The combo of these 2 could be sent regular first class since they are tiny things.

Love Andrews idea.....if you pay individual it better be shipped individual! Of course you risk your own negative for that but.......??? I'd still do it!

8. Mirage

Hey I'm just being perfectly honest. That's what I said to someone when they told me they wouldn't combine shipping. I said well then I better get individual packages because I'm not going to pay you $30 to get a package with a $5 stamp on it. (Bought many items). I ended up getting one package with a MEDIA RATE stamp on it, which is even cheaper, and takes like 4 weeks to arrive. It was like $2 or something. Needless to say, I left 10 negatives and didn't get any in return. :D

9. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I bought 3 items at .49 and one at .99.... total for the items is $2.46

Shipping: $15.96

Insurance: $5.20

Shipped though via usps

and then in the billing email the seller added the dreaded: "I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED ITEMS ONCE THE PACKAGE IS IN THE HANDS OF THE POST OFFICE."

GRRRRR I am soooo NOT happy with this... kicking myself

Went to the usps site and calculated the combined shipping.... at most it would be $1.98

10. Mirage

I would only ask for seperate packages if they made me pay full shipping for all the items, and then planned to ship them all in one package.

Also, if I pay for individual shipping, and I get one package, I will ask for a refund of the difference in shipping if it is a lot. One time I noticed I paid $30 extra :( I would also leave a negative if they don't refund the difference. That's just messed up.