Group Talk Forums

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by AnitaKnapp, Jul 16, 2009.

1. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Question:
    I cannot mark these forums read. However, I am not a part of all of the groups, so I cannot read them, obviously. However, I still get a "new posts" indicator on the sub-talk forum because of new posts in these groups.

Is there a way that we could either get an indicator to manually mark them read...or a way that they could be coded to only show up as new posts for the members of that group only?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

shhh! For me it only happens with RA and maybe one other.. I'm convinced it means there's some secret way we can sneak in there :lol:

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Group Talk > Forum Tools > Mark This Forum Read

Done

4. AnitaKnapp

That does not work in the subforums of the subforum. Only on the threads posted in Group Talk itself. It doesn't mark the subforums of RA, LC, etc read.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

It marked them all read for me.

6. AnitaKnapp

Oh yeah. You're right. I went in there and tried it just like you said...and it didn't appear to work at first. When I refreshed my "forums" home page, they are marked read now.

Thanks Echoes! <3

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What, you don't like to keep tabs on when other groups are posting new things? :lol:

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

It's just going to be RA finding more ways to be EVEN MORE awesome, so..

9. AnitaKnapp

No...it 's just that sub talk is my favorite forum and I get so excited thinking that there has been another post...but alas. It was in a group forum instead.