• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ground breaking announcement?

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Sportscenter has reported that Missouri DE Michael Sam has said that he is gay, he could become the NFL's first openly gay player when he enters the draft, thoughts?

The kid's got some balls, I'll give him that. Much respect. But with the Jonathan Martin/Dolphins debacle this year, I wonder if teams will be timid and avoid drafting him not to cause drama.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! Huge news. Good for him.

The first round of the NFL draft is going to be agonizingly over-analyzed until he's picked.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I'll agree it's quite risky, he could cost himself a big draft spot but I would like to think teams will be smart enough to recognize his talent first

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Wow! Huge news. Good for him.

The first round of the NFL draft is going to be agonizingly over-analyzed until he's picked.
This.

It's great to see that he's comfortable coming out. It's unfortunate that it's probably going to be a little bit of a distraction for whoever drafts him. Personally, I couldn't care less about what he does on his own time but I know that not everyone shares my opinion.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I hope a big time team takes him, then he can really showcase his skills and put a lot of that over-analysis to rest very quickly

smh122

Registered Member
Biggest misconception out there already is that he's going to drop because of this. He wasn't projected to go that high in the first place

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Good for him! :) It can't be easy being openly gay, in the sport, so mad props to him. :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Where would the most inhospitable environment be for Sam to land?

Right now, probably any team in the CFL. CFL have fined Arland Bruce III of the Montreal Alouettes and a player from the Toronto Argonauts (don't remember who, sorry) for their comments on Twitter about Michael Sam coming out