• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Grope Or Scan??

Grope Or Scan?

• Total voters

Dabs

Registered Member
Which would you choose??
When going thru airport security??
Going thru the scan??..sure they can see you sorta nude, but nobody else can, and it does not record your body image, so it can't be shown anywhere else.
After you step out of the scanner, your body is no longer being imaged.
Or would you opt out and go for the pat-down??
Maybe get a little touchy feely going on ~LoL~
Most people say, they don't like the scan process because of the radiation~
So then, they have the pat-down......
Me personally, I would go thru the scan..be done with it~
This has become a big serious issue everywhere.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Doesn't really matter to me. I am secured enough that the security can pad me down without no problem. I obvisouly prefer the scan, but the scan is not safe anymore. There are too many ways to go around the scanner. I don't mind getting padded down, I am used to it now.

Dabs

Registered Member
Doesn't really matter to me. I am secured enough that the security can pad me down without no problem. I obvisouly prefer the scan, but the scan is not safe anymore. There are too many ways to go around the scanner. I don't mind getting padded down, I am used to it now.

Well sure GB, you're a guy, and guys like to have their junk touched ~LoL~
But, it's more women I see complaining.
I understand the precautions are needed...and I am sure if I had to go thru it all, I would do it and try and get thru it best I can.
But it they started taking longer times around my boobage and my ass and stuff...I would feel uncomfortable~

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well sure GB, you're a guy, and guys like to have their junk touched ~LoL~
But, it's more women I see complaining.
I understand the precautions are needed...and I am sure if I had to go thru it all, I would do it and try and get thru it best I can.
But it they started taking longer times around my boobage and my ass and stuff...I would feel uncomfortable~
That's why airports should have a professional female security staff, if a woman feels uncomfortable with these policies because they are afraid of being 'groped' by a guy, I think that most women would feel more comfortable with female padding them down. But I can tell that it could still be uncomfortable for some women.

k3rm0r

Registered Member
Well i am a man aswell. but i hate it. not cuz i done something wrong. I just have real issues with security/police, i always feel like i done/am doing something wrong if they have to check me after the scan. I become a nerve wreck from it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Just because you're being patted down doesn't mean you'll automatically get groped or fondled inappropriately. So, my choice is the human pat-down. But either one is fine.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Are we safer because some 70 year old lady who is flying to see her grandchildren is groped while trying to board a plane? Are we safer because the 44 year old teacher with a prosthetic breast because of breast cancer who has bells go off every time she tries to go through a scan is groped? Are we safer because a 10 year old girl wanting to fly to DisneyWorld is groped? These new procedures defy logic and just prove how idiotic as a country we have become.

I vote neither, I'm not flying until some semblance of sanity is restired in our airports.

Diederick

Registered Member
If I had to choose one of the two, I would say whether I'd choose the less unhealthy option depends on the person who'd be patting me down. Fortunately it's all same-sex, so that's good. But I am rather picky about my men...

Then again, if the rampant backwardness of the country didn't put me off, this ludicrous security measure sure has. I don't see myself voluntarily travelling to the USA in at least the coming three decades. So I didn't vote, because neither wasn't available.

Last edited:

Raos

Registered Member
and it does not record your body image, so it can't be shown anywhere else.
That is what they said would be the case, but that has already been shown to be false. There has been at least one case I have read of where images were saved on an external drive. I have also just recently read a case where the screener was caught masturbating while screening.

The argument that the radiation is bad for you is made by those who do not understand the amount of radiation used. You get more radiation exposure from flying in the plane then you do going through the scanner.

For me, I would choose the scan. It is quicker and less invasive. I do not care if someone sees my naked body behind a screen, especially if I do not see them. I do not like it, but it really isn't a big deal to me. I don't like getting naked and having my doctor stick his hands all over either, but I do it every year for my safety.

As far as the 70 year old lady or the person with a prosthesis or the kid, I think it is VERY dangerous to just assume those people could not be carrying a bomb or something. That is the exact kind of thing a terrorist would exploit. If they knew that the elderly were exempt for serious searches how long do you think it would take before an elderly person was recruited or even had something placed on them without them knowing?