• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Grieving and Hope After the Election

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Grieving and Hope After the Election Let Hope Rise

This is a very interesting piece by a writer who appears to have some sort of evangelical bent. She argues that, despite what many Christians said, God wasn't rejected on Election Day. But organized religion was.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting this article. I have to agree with her on many things she said. Especially when she was talking about handouts. There are people that abuse the system and just want handouts, I'm sure of that but not just the poor do this, some companies and the rich abuse the system. Its just as bad, if not worse, because it usually involves cheating on taxes or sending jobs to other countries.

The church is suppose to support people when they are down, poor or feeling like they don't have a friend in the world because they happen to be gay. They shouldn't be cutting them down for being what they are. That won't help anyone and makes the church look like a bunch of hard asses that don't care about nothing but themselves.

God wasn't rejected on election day, Romney and his policies was.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting this article. I have to agree with her on many things she said. Especially when she was talking about handouts. There are people that abuse the system and just want handouts, I'm sure of that but not just the poor do this, some companies and the rich abuse the system. Its just as bad, if not worse, because it usually involves cheating on taxes or sending jobs to other countries.

The church is suppose to support people when they are down, poor or feeling like they don't have a friend in the world because they happen to be gay. They shouldn't be cutting them down for being what they are. That won't help anyone and makes the church look like a bunch of hard asses that don't care about nothing but themselves.

God wasn't rejected on election day, Romney and his policies was.
Cheating on taxes is illegal, that isn't a handout. Sending jobs to other countries isn't cheating nor is it illegal, there is nothing illegal about it, and I'm confused on how that is being compared to anyone else getting handouts. You also note the poor, Sandra Fluke is not poor. Many of the people who want/expect something from the government are not poor. I wouldn't say Romney was rejected on election day, the idea of the traditional America was rejected on election day. 40 years ago a candidate like Obama would have been soundly rejected by ANY political party in the US (and I'm speaking about his policies NOT the color of his skin). Having someone like Sandra Fluke at the DNC would have been appalling and the idea that there is this mythical "war on women" would have laughed at.

America has changed demographically. We accept violations of the Constitution because we like what we get in return. We expect the government to solve our problems and buy things for us. I keep hearing about what candidate does what for Hispanics, for blacks, for women, for whomever, which is stupid. I expect a president to keep us afloat economically. I expect a president to protect us from foreign invasion. I expect a president to protect our national interests abroad. I don't expect a president to send me to college. I don't expect a president to pay for my meals. I don't expect a president to correct my bad decisions. Most people expect these things, THAT'S why Romney lost.