• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gregory Helms returning to TV?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
YouTube - Something SPECIAL

So Gregory Helms "signed" (not sure if it's legit or not in the video) a contract on his YouTube channel, saying that he'll be returning to Television but not specifying where it will happen just yet.

Most guesses are going with TNA, but I'd say ROH is also an option for him.

What do you think of Gregory Helms in general? Is he going to return to wrestling, or could this be some sort of joke for another televised appearance? Would he fit in more with TNA or ROH? Is the WWE even a possibility?

Discuss!

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I think that he is very talented and was never used right in the WWE thus far. The Hurricane gimmick is stupid and hopefully if this is true that the WWE doesn't squash this man again. He would make a great heel for Smackdown.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
He definitely made a great heel on Smackdown a few years ago, but my guess is that this will be a run with TNA. I'm glad about that because they can probably use his talents a little bit better, hopefully without an overwhelming gimmick like The Hurricane (which was fun in its day but should be done).

Tucker

Lion Rampant
After the things he's been saying recently about HBK, my money says Helms won't be going to WWE anytime soon. TNA has drinking buddies Shannon Moore and the Hardyz; ROH has Christopher Daniels. I'm about 90% sure that we'll see him in TNA and that his new gimmick will make the defunct Hurricane bit look like genius.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Gregory Helms has a big mouth and he should know to shut up. That said, there's no way he's going to WWE for the reasons listed by Tucker. The most sense would be TNA, he would be given a chance to shine and he knows a lot of people that he gets along with on the roster. I personally never cared for him, his Hurricane gimmick was so boring, the only time I really liked him was when he was in WCW.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Gregory Helms has a big mouth and he should know to shut up. That said, there's no way he's going to WWE for the reasons listed by Tucker. The most sense would be TNA, he would be given a chance to shine and he knows a lot of people that he gets along with on the roster. I personally never cared for him, his Hurricane gimmick was so boring, the only time I really liked him was when he was in WCW.
Did you enjoy his heel turn when he went to Smackdown? I only ask because I could see you being one of the people to enjoy the change, back in the day.

YouTube - Gregory Helms Custom Heel Titantron

I can understand you hating the guy for talking badly about HBK, but we don't know what goes on backstage, and we don't know everything that HBK has said.

I can also understand you not being a big fan in general, he's one of those mid-card guys that blends in usually...but in my opinion, TNA could change that. He's got better mic skills than most of his friends there, and his in-ring style is technically sound and fun to watch. I love the incorporation of the Shining Wizard into his moveset.

I'm excited about a possible TNA run because when he's ditched the Hurricane gimmick, besides his success with the Cruiserweight title on Smackdown and actually making the belt look good before it was gone, he's never been pushed as much as he has as a super hero. I think this is his chance to shine as Gregory Helms, himself.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honestly, after all the bullshit he's been saying about Shawn Michaels I've had about enough of him to be honest. He's a very talented guy and he's above average on the microphone but he does need to shut his mouth.

I don't know if he's bitter or what but whatever, that's Helms I guess. I don't care if he goes to TNA or not at this point haha

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Honestly, after all the bullshit he's been saying about Shawn Michaels I've had about enough of him to be honest. He's a very talented guy and he's above average on the microphone but he does need to shut his mouth.

I don't know if he's bitter or what but whatever, that's Helms I guess. I don't care if he goes to TNA or not at this point haha
I actually happened to catch a couple of minutes of an internet show he does live (didn't know about it until today) with a couple of weird friends of his.

What he said about HBK was basically that he doesn't get why people are being hateful about everything when they don't know HBK personally and they don't know Helms personally. I tend to agree and it's kind of how I handled the rumors in the past of, for example, Randy Orton's backstage attitude. I don't know them, or what they say behind closed doors to each other. So I remain a fan of Shawn Michaels and of Gregory Helms, but to each his own!

On the show I think he confirmed that it is TNA that he's signed with. I'm not surprised, and I was hoping TNA and not ROH. There's no way the WWE would want him right now when they're focusing on some awesome young superstars and when they just let him go within the last year or so.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
He should go to TNA, not necessarily ROH. Would be a big draw for a small promotion.