• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Gregg Allman, Soulful Trailblazer of Southern Rock, Dies at 69

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
RIP to one of the greatest blues singers who ever lived

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Last Wednesday as I was driving to work, I really really wanted to hear some Allmans, specifically Dreams. I had it on my iPod at one point but that iPod died and my digital music is kind of all over the place, so I downloaded A Decade of Hits. Then Saturday morning I'm scrolling through facebook when I see the news, and it hit really hard. I really wasn't even done mourning Chris Cornell.

This is what happens when you get old - everyone whose music means something to you dies. RIP Gregg, thank you for providing part of the soundtrack to my life.

Powerful

Registered Member
I'm wondering what a death like this means financially for a band like the Allman Bros. How many more songs & albums have they sold in the past 24 hours than is the norm for a very successful band from a few decades ago. I see that A Decade of Hits is now No. 5 and Live at Fillmore East No. 8 on iTunes album chart.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crypticshock Baseball 13