Greg Paulus tries out for Packers

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just assume that he believes he has more of a chance to make the NFL then the NBA. Or maybe he just loves to play football more then Basketball. It has to be one of those two things in my opinion.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
He was national player of the year as a quarterback in high school. Not sure why he thinks he can just jump to the NFL after not playing college though.

Well it's funny that you posted this, because this morning I read that Paulus might play for the Wolverines next season. Here's the link.

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Sources: Paulus may play football at Michigan
How does he have any NCAA eligibility left if he played four years at Duke?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
That crossed my mind as well, Echoes. He plays 4 years in basketball at Duke, right? Sooo how can he play football? He loses a year of elibility if he transfers too, right? Am I missing something?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Not sure. The article says something about him having one year left since he never redshirted at Duke. I'm pretty sure he'd have to sit out a year if he transfers.

I saw an article on ESPN that said he was asked to practice at Duke as a wide receiver and that they didn't want him for one year as a quarterback. Michigan must be pretty fucking desperate if they want a quarterback that Duke doesn't want. :lol:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
No kidding...Duke football is TERRIBLE and now Michigan is considering him? Doesn't seem to make much sense haha