• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Greetings from Australia

DrHasslein

Registered Member
Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I'm 26 years old and I’m from Victoria, Australia. I love watching movies, collecting DVDs, reading, digital photography, video editing, computers, video games, music and WW2 history.

A friend of mine who is also a member here told me about this place.
I'm guessing her user name is still Critter. We met at another forum but that place isn't worth mentioning.

DrHasslein

Registered Member
Many kinds really, at the moment I'm getting back into older films again. Not old as in the 1990s, I mean 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Nice one. I really like films. Old and new - I like how some of the true old ones can still pull their weight even today - perhaps not with everyone, but certainly to some admirable extent. And it's a long time too, as much as 80 years for some films that still manage to impress. Be it funny goofy flicks from The Marx Bros, or something a little closer, like The Searchers, North by Northwest and Some Like it Hot - Although the 90s is actually my favourite film decade. Sorry... I won't ramble any more.

DrHasslein

Registered Member
Nice one. I really like films. Old and new - I like how some of the true old ones can still pull their weight even today - perhaps not with everyone, but certainly to some admirable extent. And it's a long time too, as much as 80 years for some films that still manage to impress. Be it funny goofy flicks from The Marx Bros, or something a little closer, like The Searchers, North by Northwest and Some Like it Hot - Although the 90s is actually my favourite film decade. Sorry... I won't ramble any more.
The 90s was great decade for films. Goodfellas, Terminator 2 etc...
I saw The Searchers late last year, I bought a copy on Blu-ray and it was just simply amazing! For a film from 1956 the picture quality rivals many of today’s releases.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Hello & welcome to GF! :D I'll def be seeing u in the threads since you like a lot of things I like. Except I haven't seen very many movies that old. What genres of music do you like?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Hey DrHasslein. My name isn't Critter here, it's Crouton. Glad to see you decided to join, it's a great forum. Although you are going to have to figure out why your posts are doing that [COLOR] thing.

DrHasslein

Registered Member
Hey DrHasslein. My name isn't Critter here, it's Crouton. Glad to see you decided to join, it's a great forum. Although you are going to have to figure out why your posts are doing that [COLOR] thing.
Hey there she is!

I'd say the [COLOR] thingy is something to do with the fact that the web browser I'm using at work is several versions old.

DrHasslein

Registered Member
Hello & welcome to GF! :D I'll def be seeing u in the threads since you like a lot of things I like. Except I haven't seen very many movies that old. What genres of music do you like?
I like the oldies, 50s and 60s rock 'n' roll, pop from 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Artists and groups I enjoy are Buddy Holly, Gene Pitney, Roy Orbison, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli and The Four Season, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Dion and the Belmonts, Split Enz and many more.