• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Green Tea supplements?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've read in Men's Health (and elsewhere) that Green Tea is helpful in burning fat/belly fat when coupled with exercise and a decent diet.

I know that you can buy a pill instead of drinking the amount that's said to be effective - I love Tea but it's a ton to drink every day, I think.

Has anyone tried this? Have you had success?

Metoria

Registered Member
Yes! my sister takes Green tea for her Ulcerative Colitis. It keeps her metabolism up so she's super thin and thats not just because of her illness. XD

It also is good for the complexion apparently and can prevent cancer.

She actually takes straight gunpowder green tea rather than supplements. I think she said she eats about a tea spoon a day. but supplements work too! She is just sick of pills i think and she doesn't like tea.

So I'd say go for it! It can't hurt you!

Green tea is very good for you! I think it also suppresses the appetite! (not entirely sure though)

Bairad

Green tea is very helpful to reduce the fat of the body. Drink 2-3 cup of green tea daily. It is recommended by the good doctor. It also help to boost metabolism.

mediatrix

Registered Member
Green tea is indeed good for our body. However, I don't like the taste. Do they come in different flavor?

Michealwolf

I just wanna tell you something that onething never works the same for everyone ... Don't depend on it, exercise and eating healthy foods are more effective in losing weight...

jsears

Registered Member
green tea supplements make you want to eat less

praveenkumarpon

Registered Member
Also they say that Green tea has a lot of antioxidants, makes you healthy.. but it is that bitter taste that makes me hate it

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I've read in Men's Health (and elsewhere) that Green Tea is helpful in burning fat/belly fat when coupled with exercise and a decent diet.

I know that you can buy a pill instead of drinking the amount that's said to be effective - I love Tea but it's a ton to drink every day, I think.

Has anyone tried this? Have you had success?
I have never tried a green tea supplement, but I would like to. I've started drinking green tea again and find it hard to fit more than 2 or 3 cups a day when I'm busy/out of the house all day.

It is definitely excellent for you health-wise though. But they say around 5 cups a day is needed for proper benefits. Some even say 10 for optimal :O. Personally, I just leave the tea bag in for a really long time and squeeze it a ton when I take it out. Makes it taste extra bitter but at least I feel like I'm getting more from it. :lol:

Green tea is indeed good for our body. However, I don't like the taste. Do they come in different flavor?
You can get green tea infused with different flavours, yes, for example lemon or berries. I like the cranberry one but usually I just stick to plain because I'm used to the taste.

Also they say that Green tea has a lot of antioxidants, makes you healthy.. but it is that bitter taste that makes me hate it
You could try adding sugar.