Movies Green Lantern official thread

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Batman 3, X-Men First Class as all their official threads, so I decided to give some love for the Green Lantern. Here's the first look of Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern.

[​IMG]

Personally, I believe he looks pretty cool. I am extremely excited for this movie. Green Lantern as always been one of my favorite comic characters and I'm really hopeful they can put a good product for their fans.

Thoughts?

2. KSpiceFantastic

KSpiceFantastic Haters gonna hate.

Lantern is my favorite DC Universe hero and I am very excited for the film itself. Reynolds will do fine in the title role and I am about as excited for this movie as I am for Thor.

3. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern.......awesome! I've always liked Ryan and I've been a fan of the Green Lantern forever. I hope the movie will reflect the true vision of the comic book superhero.

4. Babe_Ruth

5. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Not one of my favourites but Reynolds is usually pretty likeable on screen. It's an interesting choice for the suit, it looks really organic unlike the uniform he wears in the comic.

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Looks pretty good, his hair looks too poofy, but that's not a big deal :lol:

From those 411 mania posters, it looks like Sinestro might be a good guy (at least at the beginning).

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

The suit looks like a giant leaf or something PETA would put on a nude celebrity.

I hope it looks better on-screen. I wouldn't have minded the classic costume. Green Lantern is one of the cooler superheroes in my opinion. I hope they don't ruin him.

8. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

9. Babe_Ruth

That's one thing this movie is getting a lot of grief for and that's the costume. I agree, it could of been much better, but I believe some people are over reacting over it.

@Wade, I was thinking the same thing about Sinestro, I'm intrigued to know where and how they're going with his character.

10. Babe_Ruth

Here's a first look at The Green Lantern.

YouTube - Green Lantern The Movie official ET Trailer Preview

I'm not sure if I'm digging the suit all that much, it seems like they just painted it on him. And by that short preview, it seems like it's going to be a bit corny instead of being serious.

I do hope I'm wrong in that aspect though.