Greek hurdler Fani Halkia tests positive for banned drug

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
BEIJING - Reigning women's 400-metre hurdles champion Fani Halkia of Greece will not defend her Olympic title in Beijing after becoming the latest Greek athlete to fail a doping test.

The International Olympic Committee confirmed Sunday that Halkia tested positive for a steroid at a Greek athletics team training camp in Japan before coming to Beijing.

Greek Olympic officials said she had withdrawn from the games and was flying home Sunday.

Halkia is the fourth athlete to test positive during the IOC's Beijing anti-doping program.
Greek hurdler Fani Halkia tests positive for banned drug

I don't understand why anyone would even try to take a banned subtance, you'll eventually get caught.

I personally if I was an athlete competing in the Olympics, I couldn't handle the humiliation of getting caught using some kind of steroids before the Olympics.

Reigning women's 400-metre hurdles champion Fani Halkia of Greece will not defend her Olympic title in Beijing after becoming the latest Greek athlete to fail a doping test.
She was defending her title? Hmm... I wonder how she won it last time. :whistling: