TV Greatest TV character of all time??

twilitezone911

Registered Member
" dexter morgan " is one of the most complex character, i've seen on tv ! how dexter develops a trouble man, who juggles to find himself to fix in the world. dexter is a forensic scientist, a family man , and series killer, and and one step ahead, from his step sister, who is after him, because she is a cop ! just watching dexter's character developing a man that you just simply give damn what happen to him, because of michael c. hall's brilliant performance every week.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
" dexter morgan " is one of the most complex character, i've seen on tv ! how dexter develops a trouble man, who juggles to find himself to fix in the world. dexter is a forensic scientist, a family man , and series killer, and and one step ahead, from his step sister, who is after him, because she is a cop ! just watching dexter's character developing a man that you just simply give damn what happen to him, because of michael c. hall's brilliant performance every week.
How do you mean, brilliant? All Hall really has to do is deliver his lines with no emotion. Ben Stein could do that. Hell, Tom Brokaw could do that. If you ask me, it's the writing for the dark antihero character, not the interpretation of it by the actor, that makes that show such a runaway hit.

John Cleese's Basil Fawlty, by contrast, could mutter a simple thing like, "My God, you're ugly," and put people around the world on the floor. Oh, how I wish there had been more than just those few twelve or fourteen episodes of the incomparable Fawlty Towers.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
You guys might call me crazy, But I have to say Adrian Monk. Tony Shalhoub was just brilliant in that roll. Monk was OCD, as most of you might know, but through that both the writers and Tony Shalhoub tapped many emotions and executed the roll brilliantly. As you followed the show, you saw a great development in character, and I loved it.

God, I miss that show

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I can't believe that BR is the only one that things Archie is the greatest character of all time. He showed inequalities and bigotry on the TV screen like no white man would ever be able to today. All in the Family was and amazing show with excellent writers and a perfect sense of humor

Archie was the first, and maybe only, vulgar bigot. He opened the way for every show that show that used the sitcom to display the issues with middle and lower class America and make fun of them at the same time. The character was so amazing that he got two television shows to display it. He was just as fresh in the second series, Archie Bunker's Place, as he was in All in the Family.

How do you mean, brilliant? All Hall really has to do is deliver his lines with no emotion. Ben Stein could do that. Hell, Tom Brokaw could do that. If you ask me, it's the writing for the dark antihero character, not the interpretation of it by the actor, that makes that show such a runaway hit.
I don't think you're giving Hall enough credit. You couldn't throw just anyone into that character & make it work. I know you're joking about Stein. Just imagine this show with Steven Seagal as Dexter... same great show? Absolutely not. Dexter might not be the greatest character of all-time, but he's top 25 for sure.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I guess 2 guys would do it for me; I mean there are a lot more but here's 2 right off the top of my head:

- Eric Cartman - the animated version of Archie Bunker
- Tony Soprano - Best. TV Badass. EVER.