Greatest Team Of All Time

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by andrew_bishop, Jun 10, 2007.

1. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

What do you think was the best team of all time? It has to be an NHL team for the record and you can't just say like the Toronto Maple Leafs. You have to state the team and the year that you think the team was best.

I'll post my opinion tomorrow.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I would have to go with the Montreal Canadiens in 1976-77 where they went 60-8-12. They had great players like Guy Lafleur, Bob Gainey, Serge Savard, Larry Robinson, Doug Jarvis and Ken Dryden. I don't see any other teams that a better year then they did that year.

3. andrew_bishop

I agree with MJ. That was the best year for a team I think we'll ever see in the NHL. Their record was outstanding and their players made it that way. They were so hard nosed and tough , Gritty guys that could do it all.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Obviously I'm biased, but the 2001-2002 Red Wings were a damn fine team. How many future Hall of Famers on that team? Plus the President's Trophy (for whatever that's worth) not to mention the Cup.

5. andrew_bishop

Yeah they had a damn good team that season. Their team was stacked with talent and future HOFers. One of the last teams I can remember to win the Presidents and Stanley cups in the same year. Very well coached and led and they deserved the cup that year.