Greatest sports call of all time?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

3. padd

padd Registered Member

YouTube - Miracle on Ice
    This is the greatest upset in North American sports history.. btw, I never understood the hype about the shot heard around the world, educate me.
    ------
    "do you believe in miracles"

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. Babe_Ruth

Well first it's between two of the biggest rivals of all time, the Brooklyn Dodgers and the New York Giants. The team that won the series was winning the Pennant and moving on to the playoffs, so it was a huge game. Also amazing stat is the Dodgers had a 13 1/2 game lead on the Giants, but the Giants won 37 of there last 44 games to tie the Dodgers at the end of the year.

Also it's always something special when you hit a walk off home run, especially in a important game like this.

5. padd

padd Registered Member

Where in New York were the Giants located? I noticed it was #1 on best damn sports show.. I saw that episode, I still dont get it, I thought it was the speed of the shot that is was made that call notable. I also heard that shot, the pitcher of the Dodgers made the hitter of the Gitants hit the ball easily... idk.

6. Babe_Ruth

The New York Giants played in New York, there a very old franchise that got founded in 1885, they played in New York till 1957 then they got moved to San Francisco because they were looking for a new stadium because Polo Grounds wasn't stable enough to continue to support the fans, so they just decided to get out of New York entirely.

No, the call was memorable because of the implacations of the game, and because these two teams were such big rivals at the time, and still are today, but one team is the San Francisco Giants and the other is the Los Angelos Dodgers.

Whoever told you that the pitcher of the Dodgers made the pitch easy to hit doesn't know what there talking about, and don't listen to them.