• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Greatest quotes and phrases

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Listening to a podcast the other day I heard a phrase I had never heard before about war and it has really stuck in my head:

The skillful employer of men will employ the wise man, the brave man, the covetous man, and the stupid man - They all have their uses
It is from Sun Tzu's "Art of War" and basically says each are useful because they bring the opposite end to the spectrum, a brave man may run in but the scared man may make you understand why you should not.

Are there any other phrases you have heard that have stuck in your mind?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yep. I have one typed out and taped to my desk at work. Not sure who the author is, though...

"Obstacles are necessary for success because victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats."

There's a couple more that I really like as well...

"Nothing lasts forever in this wicked world. Not even our troubles." - Charlie Chaplin

"I have loved to the point of madness; that which is called madness, that which to me is the only sensible way to love." - Francoise Sagan