Greatest Playoffs Moment

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is not like the Greatest NBA Game Memory. What is your best memory in the NBA? This is what fans from nba.com
    NEW YORK -- Michael Jordan's shot that won Game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals has been selected as the greatest moment in playoff history.

The shot, which clinched the Chicago Bulls' sixth championship, topped the fan voting on NBA.com. The results were revealed Tuesday on NBA TV.

A panel of basketball experts, comprised of journalists and NBA legends, were invited to select the top 60 greatest playoff moments. The panelists' selection of the top 10 was posted on NBA.com in chronological order.

The fans were then asked to rank those selections.

Some of the panel members included NBA Hall of Famers Bill Russell and Bill Walton, former Bulls forward Scottie Pippen, TNT announcer Marv Albert, USA Today writer David DuPree, Sports Illustrated's Jack McCallum and ESPN.com columnist Bill Simmons.

Magic Johnson's performance for the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 6 of the 1980 finals produced the second-most votes. Willis Reed's dramatic entrance for the New York Knicks in the final game of the 1970 finals was third.

2. I think this was a no-brainer, Jordans shot will be the greatest moment for a long while, i dont see anything passing it

3. Babe_Ruth

For sure it's a great moment, but I think when he played with is big fever that was more guts and determination, he barely could stand up, but he still played is heart out and the Bulls won the game. Here's what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

4. His shot against the Cavs in the Eastern Conference playoffs OWNS that shot in the finals. People are dumb.

5. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

That shot verses the Jazz was amazing but also when he got carried off by Pippen, as Vince said. That was one of the most amazing moments in basketball history and truely touching, it also showed Jordan's determination for the game.

6. Babe_Ruth

I agree with you Prelude, I love that shot against the Cavs afterwards he jumps in the air doing a fist pump kinda move. The only reason why I think people loved the shot against the Jazz so much is because it was suppose to be is last game, and to leave the game with the game winning shot in the NBA Finals is a Cinderella story. But you got to admit it's still an amazing moment.