Greatest moment of all time

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering what was your greatest baseball moment of all time and why? Please include a description why you love that moment so much, it doesn't need to be your favorite team, or your favorite player.

I'll post mine later tonight.

2. natnsoxfan

natnsoxfan Guest

2004 ALCS and World Series.

I remember my dad was on the road that night, hes a truck driver, and when I picked up the phone after the last out of the World Series to call him my hands were shaking like crazy and it took me 3 tries before I could dial his number.
    I couldn't sleep at all after that. Probably the happiest moment of my short life.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For me it's Game 6 of the 1993 World Series, there was two runners on base, and Joe Carter was at bat. The Jays were down by 2 runs, and Mitch Williams was the pitcher at the time, and the count was 3 ball and two strikes, then Wild Thing tried to blow a fast ball by Carter, but he just crush the ball for a game winning Home Run, and the Jays won the World Series. I was so happy. Everyone in the stadium was going nuts, and Carter was jumping in joy, and he was so happy that he almost miss the first base. That was the second in row for the Jays, and it was a moment that I will always charish.

4. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

definately the 2004 World Series "faulk underhands to first...Red Sox fans have longed to here it, the Boston Red Sox are World Champions...can you believe it?!" I mean it was the greatest moment that could happen for Boston fans. I was only 12 and this was probably only the 3rd baseball game that I had ever watched..because well...I didnt like baseball that much until 2006. But now that I watch it over and over and over again, I realize just how great it is.

5. natnsoxfan

natnsoxfan Guest

Everytime I hear that line it gives me chills and goosebumps. No question about it for me, definitely #1 in my own, and probably 99.9% of other Red Sox fans, book.

6. The_Kid

The_Kid Sexy Beast

For me, all times when great proadcasting calls where made are my favorite historic moments. My favorites (in no particular order):

Joe Carter 1993: "Touch 'em all, Joe!"

The Shot Heard Round the World: "Giants win the pennant, Giants win the pennant, Giants win the pennant, Giants win the pennant, Giants win the pennant!"

The Curse is Ended: "Faulk underhands to first...Red Sox fans have longed to here it, the Boston Red Sox are World Champions...can you believe it?!"

David Ortiz 2006: "The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!"

7. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I have to go with Barry Bonds breaking the All Time Homerun Record....HAHAHA!! A BIG NOOOOO on that one.

Being a canadian my favorite has to be the Toronto Blue Jays winning the 1993 World Series. Joe Carter hitting one of the biggest Homeruns in Baseball history still brings me extreme joy just thinking about it to this day. The thing that makes it even sweeter is that it was out second consecutive titles.

8. jtur88

jtur88 Guest

, Seventh game 1960, but not the play you are thinking about.

Hal Smith's homer had put the Pirates ahead, 9-7, after 8 innings. The Yankess staged a comeback. Still down 9-8, Mantle was on first and Bauer (I think) was on third with the tying run. Berra (I think) grounded to Rocky Nelson at first. Nelson steps on first for the second out, and tried to pick up Bauer heading home to throw him out, but apparently lost him in the background. Now comes the most miraculous clutch play I hve ever seen.

Somehow, Mantle is diving, rolling, crawling back to first, avoiding Nelson's tag, and the tying run scores. If Nelson puts the tag on Mantle, the Pirates win 9-8 and Mazeroski never comes to bat. How I hate to admit it, but a Yankee (and Mantle at that) gave his team just a few more minutes of life with quick thinnking, gymnastic athleticism and pure hustle. My jaw dropped and I whispered to myself "How did he evade that tag?" and I've never seen nsuch an astonishing play since.

9. SHOELESSJOE3

SHOELESSJOE3 Registered Member

Seen that one and have it on a tape. I feel the same way, how did Mantle ever get bag to the bag without being tagged out.

10. jtur88

jtur88 Guest