• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Greatest Feud of all time

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I only really got into wrestling in 2000 so my views will very much be biased. I still to this day love re-watching the HHH vs Mankind/Cactus Jack (the promo for the Royal Rumble still stands up as one of the best promos I have ever seen) and I really enjoyed the fued between Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. The sad thing is very few fueds spark my intrest anymore. The Nexus one was good but I don't really care about Cena so I am not so fussed. What is the stand out one for you? What makes a good fued for you and do you think they are as good these days?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe one of the best feuds of all-time was between Vince McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin. On one side you had the boss, and on the other side you had the ass kicking SOB himself Stone Cold. A lot of people loved this feud because they wish they were in Stone Cold shoes. He had a chance to take down his boss. I just liked how these two went at it, Austin always trying to cause problems, getting arrested, beating the crap out of McMahon. Just so much fun to watch.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I believe one of the best feuds of all-time was between Vince McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin. On one side you had the boss, and on the other side you had the ass kicking SOB himself Stone Cold. A lot of people loved this feud because they wish they were in Stone Cold shoes. He had a chance to take down his boss. I just liked how these two went at it, Austin always trying to cause problems, getting arrested, beating the crap out of McMahon. Just so much fun to watch.
I always remember hearing Mark Callaway say in an interview how great the job was saying "what other job can you hit a guy and get away with it" and I know what he means! I think the Austin McMahon fued was very good.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have to agree with The Biz, the McMahon/Austin feud was by far the best feud that I have ever witnessed. Another great feud was Flair/Sting. Those two feuds will always stick out in my mind.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Speaking of Flair, he did have some great feuds with Ricky Steamboat. I wasn't alive when this was happening, but I have seen some of their matches and they were top notch. Both of them brought the best out of each other. One thing that really helped is that they had great chemistry while working together. They both trusted each other, and just went with the flow during the match.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Yeah, Flair/Steamboat feud was great but it I don't count it as my favorite personally because I didn't watch it during that time, I was not born yet either. Stone Cold/The Rock feud was freaking awesome as well, they both headlined Wrestlemania I believe on 3 separate occasions, and it was never old to see those two men squaring off in the ring.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
There's actually a few that come to mind, but since BR and blue already pointed out like 3 of them, here's a few more that I liked:

- The Rock/Chris Jericho (for the WCW Championship back in 2001, for those of you that are probably going "wtf")

- Chris Benoit/Chris Jericho (which resulted in probably one of the BEST ladder matches ever.)

- The Hardys/The Dudleys/Edge & Christian

- Lita/Trish Stratus

- Undertaker/Kane (Especially last year's feud)

Its way too early so thats about all I can think of right now.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Benoit/Jericho was very very good, indeed.

My personal recent favorite was Orton/Cena. I may be a Cena hater, but boy were some of their matches intense.

Besides the obvious, how about The Rock/SCSA? They were outstanding when in the ring together... I agree with genblue.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
My personal favorite is Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan. The amount of mystery surrounding Sting's character at the time, combined with Hogan's role as leader of the nWo, just made for a classic clash of hero vs. villain. I was really into that one.

A close second is The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. It will probably go down in history as some of the best feuding of all time. Whether it was their high-profile WM matches for the WWF Championship, or even when they were feuding for the IC Title before that, it was always off of the charts in quality.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My personal favorite is Sting vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan. The amount of mystery surrounding Sting's character at the time, combined with Hogan's role as leader of the nWo, just made for a classic clash of hero vs. villain. I was really into that one.
I completely forgot about that one. That was pretty well done back in the day. Sting played the role he was given perfectly. The matches were decent as well, and they always told a great story.