Movies Greatest Actor that never won any oscars?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who are some of the greatest actors to have never won a Oscar?

-Ed Norton
-Naomi Watts
-Sam L. Jackson
-Ed Harris
-Leonardo DiCaprio
-Don Cheadle
-Harvey Keitel
-Will Smith
-Kate Winslet

How about you guys?

Bananas

Endangered Species
Classics and Comedies for me:

Peter O'Toole
John Candy
Steve Martin
Dan Ackroyd
Richard Burton

O'Toole is the most deserving person EVER to receive an Oscar, he is the finest actor of the modern era and one of the greats.

Last edited:
Thanks to peer pressure from Bliss, I'll throw Johnny Depp in the mix. Agree with O'Toole, Edward Norton. Gary Oldman perhaps. Can't pick out a particular performance but for overall variety. Sigourney Weaver? Poor old 'wrong genre' Jim Carrey. Pretty much every actor I admire already has an Oscar. Tough one. :nod:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Who are some of the greatest actors to have never won a Oscar?

-Ed Norton
-Naomi Watts
-Sam L. Jackson
-Ed Harris
-Leonardo DiCaprio
-Don Cheadle
-Harvey Keitel
-Will Smith
-Kate Winslet

How about you guys?
I love Norton and Winslet. I'm surprised they never got any Oscars yet.

I also wondered why Al Pacino (although he has an Oscar) has never gotten an Oscar in any of the three Godfather movies he made.

I also wondered why Al Pacino (although he has an Oscar) has never gotten an Oscar in any of the three Godfather movies he made.
Me and Bliss were talking about that just now. Absolutely! Fell in love with him after seeing them. One of my absolute favourites.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Agree with samuel L Jackson ad Johnny depp

William H Macy definately is an oscar deserving actor aswell.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
What about the pretty boys? Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.

You know, being popular and all that in Hollywood. :rotfl:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tom Cruise did a wonderful job in Rain Man, if you haven't the movie yet, I suggest you to watch it. It's hard to admire his performance because Dustin Hoffman stole the show, but he did a great job.

I believe if Brad Pitt given a good roll, he a tremoundous actor. Even though I don't think he deserves an award for this movie, he still did a great job in Troy.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Johnny Depp & Will Smith.

I too can't believe Al Pacino didn't win an Oscar for any of the Godfather films. What on earth happened there?