Great or Great Great Grandparents?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did you ever meet, or are your great or great great grandparents still alive?

I never met mine. I've only known my first level grandparents on both sides.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Never met any of them as they all died before I was born sadly. I always hear such great things about them though.

My great Grandma would have been 109 today.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  3. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

The only one I can remember is my grandmother who is still alive but I don't really see her as much as I used to. I think I might some of my other grandparents when I was little but I was to little to remember.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Nope, great+ grandparents were all gone by the time I was born. I never really hear much about them at all to be honest! I think my great grandma was a very strict lady, thats what my nan tells me anyway. and thats pretty much all I know :-/

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

my great-grandmother died when I was 17. So yes, I knew one of them.

I have no grandparents left at all, as the last one died a few weeks ago.

Boredie and Mirage like this.
  6. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

My great grandma died in 2002. My great-great grandma died in 2004. My great grandpa is still alive.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I've only met one: my great grandmother from my mother's side. I don't remember when she died. I was really young. I just remember having met her.

8. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

My Great Grammy is still alive. I can remember when I was little going to my other Great Grammy's house, too. That's it though. :) And my Grandparents on both side are still alive, all four of them. I feel pretty lucky that I still have them here.

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I met my great grandmother on my mothers side once or twice when I was really little. We never really saw my moms side of the family that much because they lived in Michigan and we didn't go up there that often. I forget when my great grandma died, but I remember that I was really fascinated by all of her arts and crafts stuff, so she willed it all to me. I still have some of the supplies back home somewhere.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I vaguely remember my great grandmother. But that is it. The rest were all dead before I was born.