Movies Great movie lines

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Post some great movie lines, please tell me which actor says it and from which movie it's from.

Mine is a little long, but it's amazing in my opinion.

Jack Nicholson from Few Good Men

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Man that's awesome.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Clark: Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on it's way in from New York City.
Eddie: [after a pause] You serious, Clark?
Gotta love it. Hilarious movie in general.

redsoxocd

living on the border
People will come, Ray. They'll come to lowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children...longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around," you'll say. "It's only $20 per person." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have and peace they like. Then they'll walk off to the bleachers...and sit in their shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines...where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes...and they'll watch the game...and it will be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick...they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers.It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.This field, this game. It's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good...and it could be again. People will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

This is my favorite line(s) from my favorite movie: Field of Dreams. Terrance Mann (James Earl Jones) is talking to Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner). I had to do this for declemation in english last term (I got an A+). Its a really powerful speech.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thats a great line from a great movie Redsox, Field of Dreams is one of my best sports movies of all time, it's a great story, and there's some great actors in that movie as well.

Hybrix please state the actor and movie your line is from. So people don't have to try and guess.

Iris

rainbow 11!
That's easy, Chevy Chase and the movie is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Gonna edit my movie quote in.

V: Your powers of observation continue to serve you well.

From V for Vendetta.

Bill: Remember, kids, don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they'll give you them for free!

Uh, don't know the actor and the movie is Love Actually.

Last edited:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have." -Will Munny (Clint Eastwood) in Unforgiven

DLFerguson

Registered Member
Cornelius: If you're caught by the gorillas you must remember one thing: NEVER SPEAK. If you speak they will dissect you and kill you. In that order.

Brent: What the hell would I have to say to a gorilla?

From "Beneath The Planet of The Apes"