• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Great Cake

Dabs

Registered Member
Here's a very simple recipe for a good cake. A friend shared the recipe with me, it's pretty good, even tho I don't care for chocolate much.
Simply make a chocolate cake in a 13x9 inch pan as you normally would. After it has cooled, melt some peanut butter and with a fork, poke holes in the chocolate cake and then pour the melted peanut butter over top. Then take a can of ready chocolate frosting, melt it down and then pour it over the peanut butter. The peanut butter and chocolate frosting ooze down into the cake via the holes, thus giving the cake a gooey texture plus there's some icing on top!

laserlight

Registered Member
Thats a really cool idea and it sounds even better than a reeses peanut butter cup! Im learning to cook and i baked a cake so im going to try that. =D How do you melt peanut butter?

dDave

V.I.P.
That sounds pretty good. I've made just a few cakes in my lifetime and I've always managed to mess them up somehow, maybe I'll try the single layer instead of the double decker.

Mixing ingredients and baking is easy just very time consuming and most guys don't do it at all.

I do like the peanut butter idea but the frosting? Would it work better to just melt hersheys and mix that in instead?

Dabs

Registered Member
Thats a really cool idea and it sounds even better than a reeses peanut butter cup! Im learning to cook and i baked a cake so im going to try that. =D How do you melt peanut butter?
You can melt peanut butter in the microwave, just watch it, and stir very often, it doesn't take long.
------
That sounds pretty good. I've made just a few cakes in my lifetime and I've always managed to mess them up somehow, maybe I'll try the single layer instead of the double decker.

Mixing ingredients and baking is easy just very time consuming and most guys don't do it at all.

I do like the peanut butter idea but the frosting? Would it work better to just melt hersheys and mix that in instead?
The thing about melting a chocolate bar, is if you don't keep a close eye on it, it will end up scorching. With a can of frosting, you can place it in a bowl and microwave it for a few seconds, and it has become runny enough to pour over the cake :)

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
You can melt peanut butter in the microwave, just watch it, and stir very often, it doesn't take long.
------

The thing about melting a chocolate bar, is if you don't keep a close eye on it, it will end up scorching. With a can of frosting, you can place it in a bowl and microwave it for a few seconds, and it has become runny enough to pour over the cake :)
So if you have good focus then it should be fine? I usually microwave my melted chocolate anyway, it works every time.

Hot peanut butter is absolutely amazing, I put it on ice cream a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed that.

Dabs

Registered Member
So if you have good focus then it should be fine? I usually microwave my melted chocolate anyway, it works every time.

Hot peanut butter is absolutely amazing, I put it on ice cream a few weeks ago, I really enjoyed that.
Then you should be good to go! :)

laserlight

Registered Member
oh man thanks for that! we have a microwave and im going to try that with chocolate and peanut butter. =D
I learned how to seprate eggs and make a heavy cake and they dont fall as easy so im going to try making a chocolate cake too.

Dabs

Registered Member
oh man thanks for that! we have a microwave and im going to try that with chocolate and peanut butter. =D
I learned how to seprate eggs and make a heavy cake and they dont fall as easy so im going to try making a chocolate cake too.
Good luck and let us know how you did, and how well you liked it :)