• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Great Barrier Reef In Danger From Coal Port.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Conservationists on Wednesday slammed Australia’s approval for an Indian firm to expand a major coal port on the Great Barrier Reef coast, warning it would hasten the natural wonder’s demise.

Coal port plan will kill the Great Barrier Reef, activists say | The Raw Story
I'm sure the Great Barrier Reef is one of natures natural wonders I will never get to see but I hate to see it destroyed. There are places on this planet we need to be very careful of what we do. I'm no expert on Australia so maybe this isn't as bad as they are making it sound. So any Aussies on here I would love to hear from you.

What do you, Aussie or not, think about this?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Basically, I now know what it feels like to hate your Government. And I meant really hate them. I've never not liked the Australian Government before. I've always liked our Prime Ministers, but in our last election, for some ungodly reason by a small margin the worst human ever became our new Prime Minister. It's basically the equivalent of electing Hitler. I'm ashamed to be an Australian while our PM, Tony Abbot is in power.

Destroying the Great Barrier Reef is one thing, and it's terrible. But it's just one part of a huge list of terrible things this man is doing. He's basically a terrorist.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It sucks when you get a leader that you can't stand. I don't know much about Abbot but if this is a sample of what he is going to do he doesn't sound like much.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Yeah he pretty much only likes people if they are a white, straight, Christian man. Everyone else is worthless. He's misogynistic, homophobic, racist and is apparently trying to destroy the environment as best he can, all across Australia.

I have to keep telling myself that he won't be PM forever.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
It would be incredibly sad if even just a part of the GBR was damaged by this. Humans should protect nature, not destroy it. I've always wante to go dive the GBR and would still like to do that one day.

Elanor

Registered Member
The Barrier Reef is one of the most beautiful natural wonders of the world. I would hate to see it destroyed by a plan that is most likely motivated by money and profit. I think that some people have got their priorities completely wrong. I agree with Idi, we should be protecting nature.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They said the health of the GBR is already in decline and this move could finish it off since its struggling already. You don't further stress something that's already having problems. I hope everyone throws a big enough fit about it this gets stopped.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Idi, if you want to see it go soon. The terrorist who runs out country seems to be set on destroying basically everything natural. Not just the reef but more too.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Unfortunately it's one of my more expensive traveling dreams. One doesn't expect something like the GBR to not be there anymore. I see it as an extention of Australia and a PM that condones a cause of action that will destroy it, is effectively destroying his own country.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've been on the Great Barrier Reef before, I've swum and snorked in it and it was bloody amazing, I would be gutted if they ruined it.