GraveKeepers OOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHH EEK!!!

• Thread starter imported_SexyKungfuSammy
  • Start date
I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

Gravekeeper decks a rare deck type yet has not changed and is still a great deck to make but almost no one does it sad gravekeeper's rock all spell casters all dark and necrovalley the first holo field card rocks 500/500 to gravekeepers and partial grave negation. Not just that Gravekeepers have a risky yet fastest searching gravekeeper spy a Flip effect to get a 1500 or lower gravekeeper one thing I like to note ALL GRAVEKEEPER'S except one HAS 1500 OR LOWER ATTACK. SO basically search any gravekeeper you want. So they have speed and unity power what else hmmmm Oh I know I think it's the Deck devastation since most of them will get 2000 attack that is just DDV Bait and there are a lot of spell caster support magician circle magical dimension heck even Magical Blast and with rite spirit basically trap version monster reborn for gravekeeper that by passes necrovalley and with 9 monsters they can use it can be a good very competitive deck give me your thoughts and tell me weither you agree with me or not?

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Gravekeeper's have alwayZ been an unapriciated deck type. Back in the Soldier format it was a deck worth being feared. Now it's just one of those decks that are played if it's personal prefrance. THough if you look at the Gravekeeper's deck that was played at the last jump then I could see why you would want to play it.

Turbo

Registered Member
Gravekeepers are nasty. b/c they qualify as spellcasters they can use all that tasty support from the spellcaster structure. they have speed and can put a huge lockdown on ppl abusing 3 chaos sorcerors.

R

Ragnarok General

Personally I hate gravekeepers( bad experiences in the past....very bad). But the deck is great, with the right cards. My teammate use to run it, and was devastatingly dangerous with them, and that was when the spellcaster structure wasn't even out. I think it would be a kick butt competative deck, as long as you don't contaminate it with idiotic monsters.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

and Just for people i hope you don't mind i'm gonna list all the cards that a gravekeeper deck would use/co inside with necrovalley
Gravekeeper's Assailant
Attrib: Dark
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
Level:4
Atk: 1500
Def: 1500
You can activate this card's effect only when "Necrovalley" is active on the field. When this card attacks, you can change the battle position of 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field.

Gravekeeper's Cannonholder
Atk: 1400
Def: 1200
Offer 1 card that includes "Gravekeeper's" in its card name on your side of the field as a tribute to inflict 700 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points. However, you cannot offer this card or another "Gravekeeper's Cannonholder" with this card's effect. Monsters used for a Tribute Summon or that are offered as Tributes due to other cards' effects are excluded.

Gravekeeper's Chief
Level:5
Atk: 1900
Def: 1200
You can only have 1 face-up "Gravekeeper's Chief" on your side of the field at any time. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your Graveyard is not affected by "NecroValley". When you Tribute Summon this monster, you can Special Summon 1 monster that includes 'GraveKeeper's' in its name from your Graveyard.

Gravekeeper's Curse
Level:3
Atk: 800
Def: 800
When this monster is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned, inflict 500 points of Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Gravekeeper's Guard
Atk: 1000
Def: 1900
FLIP: Select 1 Monster Card on your opponent's side of the field (regardless of position) and return it to its owner's hand.

Gravekeeper's Spear Soldier
Atk: 1500
Def: 1000
When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of your opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Gravekeeper's Spy
Atk: 1200
Def: 2000
FLIP: Select 1 monster that includes "Gravekeeper's" in its card name with an ATK of 1500 or less from your Deck and Special Summon it in face-up Attack or Defense Position. The Deck is then shuffled.

Gravekeeper's Vassal
Level:3
Atk: 700
Def: 500
The Battle Damage this card inflicts to your opponent's Life Points is treated as the Effect Damage of this card.

Gravekeeper's Watcher
Atk: 1000
Def: 1000
When your opponent activates a card that includes the effect of making your opponent discard from his/her hand (this does not include the cost of discarding cards), you can activate this card by discarding this from from your hand to the Graveyard. Negate the activation, and effect of the card, and destroy it

Necrovalley
Group: Spell Card
Type: Spell
Icon:Field
As long as this card remains face up on the field, all effects of Magic, Trap, and/or Effect Monster Cards that involve Graveyards are negated and neither player can remove cards in the Graveyard from play. In addition, increase the ATK and DEF of all monsters that includes 'GraveKeeper's' in their card name by 500 points.

A Cat of Ill Omen
Type: Beast/Effect
Level:2
Atk: 500
Def: 300
FLIP: Select 1 Trap Card from your Deck and place it on top of your Deck. If "Necrovalley" is active on the field, you can add the selected card to your hand.

Rite of Spirit
Group: Trap Card
Type: Trap
Select 1 Monster Card that includes "Gravekeeper's" in its card name from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack or Defense Position. This card's activation and effect is not affected by "Necrovalley"

Royal Tribute
Group: Spell Card
Type: Spell
This card can only be activated when your "Necrovalley" is active on the field. Both players must discard all monster cards in their hand to the Graveyard.

Charm of Shabti
Attrib: Earth
Type: Rock/Effect
Level:1
Atk: 100
Def: 100
Discard this card from your hand to the Graveyard to make the damage inflicted to monsters that include "Gravekeeper's" in their card name 0 until the End Phase of the current turn. However, the damage to your Life Points is calculated normally.
(Works like a reverse kuriboh monster's live you take life)

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Spellcaster support that works with Gks includes Magical Dimension and Magician's Circle. Very awesome deck and theme support isn't coming in the future but it got a nice boost with the Spellcaster Structure deck.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

I'm still amazed that Gravekeeper's hasn't made a top 8 in a big tournment.I can see why but it is still a deck to be feared. Spellcaster suppot, chao's sorcerer negation, and DDV support. As feared as DDV is in thise tech or be teched game in a average GK deck there are 4 Monsters that can abuse DDV with necrovalley on the feild.Including that Necrovalley still holds up as the best feild card in my book.Others give just power to a certain attribute or a certain card. Necrovalley is the only True Tech Feild card, besides clocktower but that one is much more difficult to use then necrovalley that kills premature, call of the haunted,sangan and Chao Sorcerer.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
Gravekeepers are just to unstable to work. For DDV to go off you need at least 3 cards on the field. Which by the way you lose 2 cards. The only way it becomes a plus is if your opponent losses 3 or more cards. In a meta where monsters cionsist of Monarchs, Cyber Dragons, and Sorcerers it may be hard to do just that.

Turbo

Registered Member
even with monarchs, cyber dragons, and sorcerers (oh my), a good gravekeeper deck would be fast and gain presence before the typical C4 would. i don't seeing ddv doing much, but if we were to get crush card then gravekeepers would surely be a deck worth running.

lavoidgaskins

Registered Member
That's if we get Crush Card. At teh momment we don't have it so whats the point of mentioning it? I can give a link to a good gravekeepers deck that didn't make it to top 8 so obviously sometings not right.