Grant Hill To Sign With Suns

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Grant Hill To Sign With Suns
In the SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL, Brian Schmitz writes "Grant Hill has decided to sign with the Phoenix Suns to hopefully hitch a ride to an NBA title, leaving the Orlando Magic after seven injury-racked, mostly unfulfilled seasons. He will sign with the Suns for the $1.2 million veteran's exception, which is all Phoenix was willing to offer."

http://www.nba.com/news/423480.html

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Good for him, maybe he can do what Michael Finley did and sign with a title contender and eventually win it. Maybe he can then retire happy, despite those terrible injury prone seasons.

R

.remix

Yes. Thank you god, I love the suns and always thought he was very good. Can't wait for the season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is a good move on the Suns part and Hill's part. He knows that he cannot be a superstar anymore, but he still knows that he can come off the bench and be a good roll player, and that's what he's going to be with the Suns. He can still score the ball and give you rebounds so he's a very nice addition to the Suns.

TDG1987

Registered Member
I don't this guarantees the Suns the West title but it helps a lot. Having another veteran leader will be a great benefit to this team. And yes, D'Antoni needs to length his rotation. That's what's been killing the Suns in the playoffs, especially considering the style of ball they play.

C

Celtic Fan

It's a nice solid addition.
Hill can add 15-20 mins and more if needed occasionally with smart and reliable play.
I think any team would love to have him on their bench.

it doesn't help with the Suns interior D or rebounding though and that's what kills them.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
This is a great move for the Suns. It brings in a guy who can actually excel in this type of system, even though with all the injuries in the past and the age factor. But the reason why I really like this deal is that it brings a real leader to a locker room. To be honest with you i've never seen a real leader on this team. Even with Steve Nash being in the line-up. Grant Hill is a real leader that will help this team in so many ways. This move can honestly put the Suns over the hump and make them real title contenders.