Grant Hill To Sign With Suns

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Grant Hill To Sign With Suns
    In the SOUTH FLORIDA SUN-SENTINEL, Brian Schmitz writes "Grant Hill has decided to sign with the Phoenix Suns to hopefully hitch a ride to an NBA title, leaving the Orlando Magic after seven injury-racked, mostly unfulfilled seasons. He will sign with the Suns for the $1.2 million veteran's exception, which is all Phoenix was willing to offer."

http://www.nba.com/news/423480.html

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Good for him, maybe he can do what Michael Finley did and sign with a title contender and eventually win it. Maybe he can then retire happy, despite those terrible injury prone seasons.

3. .remix

.remix Guest

Yes. Thank you god, I love the suns and always thought he was very good. Can't wait for the season.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a good move on the Suns part and Hill's part. He knows that he cannot be a superstar anymore, but he still knows that he can come off the bench and be a good roll player, and that's what he's going to be with the Suns. He can still score the ball and give you rebounds so he's a very nice addition to the Suns.

5. zunami

zunami Registered Member

Please allow him into your rotation which is too short D'Antoni. He really deserves it.

6. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

I don't this guarantees the Suns the West title but it helps a lot. Having another veteran leader will be a great benefit to this team. And yes, D'Antoni needs to length his rotation. That's what's been killing the Suns in the playoffs, especially considering the style of ball they play.

7. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

It's a nice solid addition.
    Hill can add 15-20 mins and more if needed occasionally with smart and reliable play.
    I think any team would love to have him on their bench.

it doesn't help with the Suns interior D or rebounding though and that's what kills them.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

This is a great move for the Suns. It brings in a guy who can actually excel in this type of system, even though with all the injuries in the past and the age factor. But the reason why I really like this deal is that it brings a real leader to a locker room. To be honest with you i've never seen a real leader on this team. Even with Steve Nash being in the line-up. Grant Hill is a real leader that will help this team in so many ways. This move can honestly put the Suns over the hump and make them real title contenders.