Grandparents/Parents

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
For the members that are under 30 years old, I was wondering your grand parents were still alive? If so, how many are still alive?

For the members who are older then 30 years old, I was wondering if your parents were still alive? If so is it only your dad, or your mom or both?

If some of them are still alive, I was wondering if you still talk to them on a regular basis, or very rarely?

I only got one grand mother and one grand father that are still living. There both on my dad's side of the family. I love them a lot and I see them about six to ten times a year.

How about you guys?

Why make 30 the cut off age? Do parents and grandparents suddenly start falling over once we reach this age?:confused:...:lol:
I'm over 30, both parents are alive plus a grandmother. My grandparents were actually married over 70 years.

I don't see any of them.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My parents are still alive. They are young (they married and had kids young). My grandparents are dead. One died in the 90s, two of them died in 2001 and one in March this year (about the same time I joined GF).

I rarely talk to my dad. We communicate when there's a special occasion like birthdays, Christmas/New Year or Father's Day. I haven't seen him for 5 years. Mom and I email or text each other at least twice a month. The last time I saw her was two years ago. I call her up at least once a month although sometimes there are days when we'd talk to each other every day. It depends on what's going on in our lives.

Both my grandads died before I hit 10. My real nan, who almost lived for me alone and was the absolute most wonderful human being, died when I was about 18. I still have another granny left but I've only seen her a couple of times in my life and don't really consider her family. The older we get, the more we lose, ay.

For the members that are under 30 years old, I was wondering your grand parents were still alive? If so, how many are still alive?
Only my grandpa on my dad's side. I'm surprise he lasted longer than anybody because he looked so weak while my other grandparents were still alive. Yup, he out survived them all, and is still kicking. Way to go, grandpa! =)

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Both my dad's parents died before I was born. My mom's parents are both still around. Knyte's dad's parents both died in the past 2 years, and his mom's dad died a long time ago. His mom's mom is still here though, so we have 3 grandparents out of the 8 that are still living.

I don't talk to them near enough. We visited them every couple of months while still living in Utah where they are, but since we moved, we haven't been back (8 months ago). I will make it a point to see all of them when we do go back to Utah though.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
My Dad's mother died before I was born and his Dad died about five years ago.

My Mum's mother is still alive and my only surviving grandparent and my Mum's father died about 20 years ago.