Sony Grand Theft Auto

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Omega, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Omega

Omega Ω

A few questions?

Has anyone played GTA LC stories?
    If so where would you put it in line with all the other GTA's for PS2

My rating:

SA
    Vice City
    GTA III
    LC Stories

Also does anyone 100% these games I find it not worth it at all. Like I started to try and 100% complete LC Stories but I cannot find do it. Like there is a package ontop of the roof of a gas station and it says in the guide I have says to just a bike from the car crushing place, I tried five time and gave up. Its so like wtf!!!!

Also I know Vice City is basiced off of Scar Face but is any of the other games basiced off of films? Like my friend said the third one/LC Stories is kind of like The God Father.

2. merob

merob Boom!

San Andreas seems to take steal a lot of elements from random block busters. Woozie, shares similarities with neo (from the matrix). I'm not sure but I think the two crooked poliece were inspired by films too.
    Sry to say, but its hard to think up supporting claims on the spot, but my friends and I have made tonz of comparisons.
    It's interesting you mention the series now. I've been playing San Andreas obsessively lately.

From top to bottom

San Andreas
    LIberty City stories
    GTA III
    VIce City

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Liberty City Stories is the only GTA game I havent played (that includes GTA 1 and 2 and their respective add-ons.) Since this seems to be only concerning the PS2 games, so I'll only rank those:

1.) GTA: San Andreas
    2.) GTA III
    3.) GTA: Vice City

As a side note, they have apparently announced GTA Vice City Stories to be released for the PSP sometime in the future.

4. Luke Wolf

Luke Wolf Guest

Id rate them
    GTA: LCS
    GTA: SA
    GTA: Vice City
    GTA III

Too bad GTA: Vice City Stories is comming out for PSP first, and eventually PS2.

5. Omega

Omega Ω

Luke Wolf why in gods Name have you put GTA: LCS for first?????? :(

I felt that was the worst one because of the crappy story element. Also all they did way add bikes.

I have played all of them two but I did not feel that GTA I or II could win over any of the PS2 ones.

6. merob

merob Boom!

thank you

I thought of the samething, especially since GTAIII is at the bottow of the list.
    @ the same time, why'd you put GTAIII over LCS>? motor cycles and extended missions sound like a plus

7. Omega

Omega Ω

I felt that the story in GTA: LCS was really crappy. I loved the story in Vice City and SA.

Also with GTA: LCS it sucks because you just got done playing GTA: SA and your all hyped because of that and then you have to go back to Liberty City and see all that crap again. If feels like a huge step backwards.

8. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

I believe it was this "Grand Theft" video game that I say two kids playing this evening at Best Store... I paused a bit in aisle watching them... two action figures on screen were beating up a woman and the kids seemed to enjoy it...Is that functionality from this game? Why?

Perhaps someone can answer why games have to be violent? Seems a sure way to get them banned eventually...

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i don't think the violence was intentional...just part of the story arcs revolving around gangs/mob and drugs. some of it is a bit overboard, but that's why its a virtual world.

10. merob

merob Boom!

GTA III is a classic. Its odd, but I'd put it in a categlory with Mariobros3. It's basic, so no matter how many times I play, I dont get tired.

I don't remember a scene like that in Grand Theft Auto.
    Often violence is cliche. They're plenty of titles that use violence to draw in an audience. However there are some instances where violence is fun. Who wouldn't want to act out a scarface parody for a breif moment. Grand Theft is violent, but to anyone who appreciates the genre, its fun. There's also a lot of depth in the most recent title. You'd probably have to play to understand.