• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Grand Theft Auto VI

thealigator

Registered Member
News about GTA VI is starting to circulate. It is highly unlikely we will see the game in 2017 given how long it was between IV & V but I am still excited to see the next game in line.

With that it mind here are some discussion points, feel free to add others:

What year would you want it set in?
What location would you want it set in?
Would you want to see three characters again or just go back to one?
Would you like to see a female protaganist?
Will it be on the present consoles (PS4, XboxOne) or next gen?
Will VR be a factor?

I am not so bothered about a time frame but I would love it if they set it over Europe such as England, Ireland and France for example. I think it could make the game interesting to move from one location to another or just set it in England. I liked the three person setup but I would be happy with just one. I have no problem with the sex of the charecter, it makes no difference to me. I would hope it will be on the current gen and honestly I am not sure VR will have a part to play.

Konshentz

Konshentz
My guess is that we won't see this game until fall of 2019 and I'm fine with that. The extra care they have taken with the series lately is why they can sell 60+ million copies and why V is damn near a masterpiece.

As for your questions...

What year would you want it set in?

Present day.

What location would you want it set in?

Keep it in the states. Chicago maybe? They can do what Watch Dogs couldn't.

Would you want to see three characters again or just go back to one?

One. I loved the three characters from V, but I'd prefer to get one story this time around. Bring back the a trio of characters for VII.

Would you like to see a female protagonist?

Absolutely. I almost think they have to at this point.

Will it be on the present consoles (PS4, XboxOne) or next gen?

Yeah, it'll release during this generation... but quite possibly on the tail end of it.

Will VR be a factor?

Possibly. I think in small doses, a VR GTA would be a lot of fun.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I still haven't gotten around to playing GTA V yet, but I'm sure I still have time before GTA VI hits. I agree, it probably won't be out before fall 2018 at the earliest, but maybe even fall 2019.

I'm biased, but I'd love to see it set in Chicago, any year between the 90's and the present. Great city with a lot of diversity, culture, unique architecture, and a history of gangs, organized crime, and corruption.

Otherwise I would love for it to be set in a foreign country. Somewhere in South America could be good, but I'd also be happy with Japan or Europe/UK.

But they haven't done Liberty City since Xbox 360/PS3, so they could go there again. :rolleyes:

Twitch

Registered Member
While I'm excited at the prospect of GTA VI, I'd rather they solve the problem of me never being able to find a lobby with more than a couple people when I try to play online..

I wouldn't mind present day but it could also be cool to see it in the 70s. I know Fallout 4 was set here, and I definitely am bias, but I would love for it to be in Boston and the surrounding areas. Maybe make it reminiscent of the Irish Mafia and Whitey Bulger? I want more snow levels after playing in North Yankton for GTA V. I really liked having three characters so I would love to see it again. It would be great to have a female protagonist, but I feel there would just be a ton of jokes and maybe even missions simply based on her gender.

I definitely believe it would come out on the Xbox One/PS4.