• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Grand jury reaches decision on Wilson

dDave

V.I.P.
I think they're waiting to announce it because they're afraid of the inevitable violence that's going to break out when Wilson is found innocent. They're probably trying to get Wilson to a safe (and undisclosed) location before announcing the verdict.

Absolutely absurd what's happening in Ferguson. They had to deploy the national guard? Really?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope things stay peaceful but I don't look for that to happen if he is found innocent. On TV this morning a white guy asked a protestor if he could drive though because they had the road blocked and the man was punched for asking.

Wilson and his girlfriend got married last month. Guess so they can take off together as fast as they can if he is found innocent.

Source: Darren Wilson quietly married a fellow officer - CNN.com

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well, it's not an innocent or guilty finding, but whether there exists enough evidence to return an indictment. If the grand jury decides not to indict I suspect the Obama administration will look into bringing a federal charge or two. Purely political nonsense of course, and it will go along with the lack of respect for the rule of law.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that is BS if the Obama administration tries to go after him if he is not indicted.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hope things stay peaceful but I don't look for that to happen if he is found innocent. On TV this morning a white guy asked a protestor if he could drive though because they had the road blocked and the man was punched for asking.

Wilson and his girlfriend got married last month. Guess so they can take off together as fast as they can if he is found innocent.

Source: Darren Wilson quietly married a fellow officer - CNN.com
No doubt, Ferguson is bad but let's keep things in perspective. There are places where far worse happens every day across entire nations. Still, I can't believe this was allowed to escalate so much.

How can a society be so crippled purely on racial issues that shouldn't be issues to begin with?

I think that is BS if the Obama administration tries to go after him if he is not indicted.
To be fair, half the stuff the Obama administration does is complete BS. Wrong as it is, it's basically expected at this point.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Sure racism still exists but as a society shouldn't we have evolved past the point where race is an issue with EVERYTHING. I mean, we don't have segregated schools anymore, we don't have seperate but equal drinking fountains, blacks aren't forced to stand in buses and eat in the back of restaurants, there are no "No blacks" or "No Mexicans" allowed signs anymore. Can we as a society look at a cop that shoots an 18 year old man and judge it on the facts and the facts only? It's disgusting many in our society can't evolve past that thinking including mental midgets like Sharpton, Jackson and Dyson (Dyson's stupidity is exactly why I don't have any respect for academia anymore, I mean if that guy can get hired as a professor ANYBODY can get hired as a professor, but I digress). It's the inability of our American societies to evolve past that thinking is why this is happening.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its going to be 8pm central time before they make the announcement on Wilson.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No indictment for Officer Wilson.

dDave

V.I.P.
There we have it. No probable cause. I haven't seen all the evidence (ONLY the Grand Jury has) but it feels like it's the right call given the evidence I have seen and the statement of the attorney just now.

I pray for peace in Ferguson.