• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Gran Turismo 5

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Alright, I think its about time I make a thread for Gran Turismo 5.
I have been waiting for this game for 5 months, since june. it was supposed to be out the 2nd, but it was delayed. Again. it has been in development for 4 years. 2 years ago, they released a demo that was on disc and cost 40 bucks!Reportedly, that was awesome, and supposed to be only a fraction of what the full game will be capable of. The full version should have over 1000 cars, and 40 tracks, 70 with derivatives (icluding the Top gear track!)Now, it should be released in time for the holidays.

I'm psyched for this. As I said, I've been waiting for 5 months for this. It should utterly kick Forza's ass.

Anyone else waiting for this?

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Me, the game will own the scene. Seriously it has so much content it will last me for half a decade.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Didn't know there was already a GT5 thread, so made another one. Oh well, anyway it will supposedly come out on November 30th, but I wouldn't be surprised if Polyphony are just trolling once again.
I've heard either that, December 8th, and December 18th. I'm leaning towards the 8Th because its almost a month since the release of Black Ops, the reason they delayed it again, for some reason. I honestly think they lost sales BECAUSE of this delay. I mean, it was supposed to be released BEFORE Black ops?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
It's probably going to be released pretty soon. A number of copies of the game have been leaked, appearing in Australia and Europe. And they appear to be legit, they're actual stamped copies of the game.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
The release date has been confirmed for november the 30th ^_^

Can't wait.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
The release date has been confirmed for november the 30th ^_^

Can't wait.
I'm stoked. :D Its about damn time

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Rumor has it it can be released sooner due Black Friday on the 27th. This comes from IGN, so i hope they are right.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Alright, i got the game, and I must say it is SWEEEEEET.
OK, Graphics are a let down, but on par with Forza 3, if not better.
But thats about it. Everything is knife edge. Controls are adjustable and I have thus made an ideal set up for myself (R2 throttle, L2 braking for maximum control of both.)
The handling characteristics are spot on, and all the features are perfect. I love taking photos (But I'm having one hell of a time uploading them), I love all the challenges (carting and the AMG Experience are my favorite, But Jeff Gordon (of course) sucked, and unfortunately, so does the Top Gear Challenge).

I found the licenses extremely helpful, being a newb and all, and are fairly challenging.

Pick it up, its worth it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not a fan of the Gran Turismo series. I had GT3 ages ago on the PS2 and I just wasnt all that impressed. Its one of the few games I picked up back then and immedietely got bored... so bored in fact I convinced a friend of mine to let me copy his memory card so that I could have all of his unlocks.

The only thing that remotely turns me on about GT5 is the inclusion of Nascar. After EA Lost the rights to Nascar games, I pretty much lost interest in most Racing games.

Glad to see you're enjoying it though, however I just dont see myself playing this one.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I'm not a fan of the Gran Turismo series. I had GT3 ages ago on the PS2 and I just wasnt all that impressed. Its one of the few games I picked up back then and immedietely got bored... so bored in fact I convinced a friend of mine to let me copy his memory card so that I could have all of his unlocks.

The only thing that remotely turns me on about GT5 is the inclusion of Nascar. After EA Lost the rights to Nascar games, I pretty much lost interest in most Racing games.

Glad to see you're enjoying it though, however I just dont see myself playing this one.
NASCAR is probably the worst cars in the game. :lol:
One of the biggest complaints I hear is that its long and very involved to get any of the goodies, but, I enjoy the driving and the processes involved with success, so I dig this game. But, I can understand why people don't like it.

Last edited: