• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 3 Gran Turismo 5

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you think the PS3 doesn't have any good exclusive titles, think again, and give it about a year or so. Gran Turismo 5 development is in progress right now and should be released sometime in 2008.

I have to say that the GT series are by far the best racing games I have ever played. I don't have any of the new generation gaming consoles, and have really been a PC fan for the most part lately, but, this is one game that could definitely persuade me to purchase a PS3 in the next year or so.

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I wish there was something on the PC that compared but when it comes to racing titles, consoles have been consistently better than PC titles lately due to the fact that people prefer racing on big screens than on computer screens.

IGN: Gran Turismo 5

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I never did devote much time to GT4, and I think I may be out of my racing game period of my life. As shiny as the game is, it's just not that appealing to spend 300 hours racing and tuning a car only to fill in some medals and have absolutely nothing to do after you get a beefy car for each race type.

Doc

V.I.P.
I'm not going to pay monthly to play Gran Turismo, nor am I going to pay for new content each week. That's why they make new games.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
But, from what i've heard in Australia, the online service is free meaning that you don't have to pay to play online multiplayer, and the extra downloads are also free too. Well that's what i've heard here in Australia.:p

Doc

V.I.P.
Free online service and extra downloads, eh? That's a new one for me.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
I know that i don't a a PS3 YET. But i trust my Official PlayStation Magazine, the've never let me down.:p

Doc

V.I.P.
Sweet. I'm glad that Sony has done something right. It's not enough to make me want a PS3, but enough to make me want GT5.

FourSuits

True Blue Australian
yeah I know. I'm trying to win a what am I thing were you can win >AU$1,400. "I am not used for my original function, I now have many functions and store alot of infomation." Thats what i can remember off the top of my head, It is not a computer. and most people see it everyday.:p