Grammar Nazis (rant)

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Grammar Nazis should follow the way of the Fuhrer and blow their brains out RIGHT NOW. Seriously. I post a valid comment, and then some dumbshit replies, saying nothing about the actual comment or the video for that matter, saying "YOUS SPELLING IS AWFUL. ITS AWFUL*". Fucking dink. Die in a ditch. With a bullet in your brains. It has to fucking stop. They are just so pompous and full of themselves that they think they can just troll around, correcting grammar, with no personal comment or thought. Bastards. Stupid fucking flame warriors. I mean, if you see a problem with the wording, that can be a problem. But spelling? "Oh, i didn't capitalize my "i," did i? GO FUCK YOURSELVES."

/end rant

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Don't get me wrong, I do. But unless you have a damned dictionary in your head, you will make mistakes and spell something wrong. And then some dink will jump all over it.

I have to admit that it does annoy me when, in the middle of a debate, people start picking on spelling and grammar rather than the actual points being made. I see that all the time.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Grammar Nazi's are awesome! :lol: There used to be a bunch of them on another forum i used be part of; they used to beat down noobs who wrote with the capslock on constantly, or wrote in chat speak - they didn't really mind if you didn't capitalize your I's ans stuff as long as the comment which was written was coherent.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Grammar Nazi's are awesome! :lol: There used to be a bunch of them on another forum i used be part of; they used to beat down noobs who wrote with the capslock on constantly, or wrote in chat speak - they didn't really mind if you didn't capitalize your I's ans stuff as long as the comment which was written was coherent.
Those aren't grammar nazis! With good reason if i waz 2 tok lik dis it wud piz pplz ov. OR IF I TALK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME!

But god damn nitpicking ERRRR it pisses me off!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I sometimes even get the word wrong (use something with a completely diffirent meaning even). Luckily I have not run into this spelling nazi you speak of. I just get Smelnick laughing at me, which I can deal with.

We all make spelling mistakes... Don't let it get to you!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Those aren't grammar nazis! With good reason if i waz 2 tok lik dis it wud piz pplz ov. OR IF I TALK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME!

But god damn nitpicking ERRRR it pisses me off!
I like the nitpicking; but from a writer's point of view i don't see it as nitpicking; more like constructive criticism and seeing it as a chance to improve.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Yah, I like pointing those kinds of things hehe. Not to be mean of course. Just to teach hehe
I suppose that's diffirent though, being that the word has a complete diffirent meaning. But like MAgnum, I would also get peeved if someone pointed out a small spelling error!!

Carry on Smel - it's all good! :D
------
I like the nitpicking; but from a writer's point of view i don't see it as nitpicking; more like constructive criticism and seeing it as a chance to improve.
That would be all good and well if this was a 'writers forum' but it's not. We are not all trying to win the Pulitzer Price here on GF... some of us are just trying to make conversation. :nod:

Last edited: