Grad Comments

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
I am graduating this year and made up my grad commence message today, it is what they will say as we cross the stage at commencement. I tried to make it a little bit corny because family will be there but funny for my friends...

"I didn't want to be the kid no one knew. I didn't want to be the kid everyone knew. I just wanted to be the kid who made people smile. Cool Story Bro!"

We were limited to 30 characters. I had a much funnier comment in the yearbook but I can't remember it.

So what were your grad comments? Did you go for funny or serious, and is mine stupid? xD

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
We definitely didnt have grad comments at my high school. We had 900 some students graduating, so that would have taken FOREVER. Thank goodness we don't have to do them at my college graduation. I'd say something funny, but I have no clue what.

Iris

rainbow 11!
We had quite a few people in my graduating class as well, I have never heard of those.

That is awesome, though. It could become time consuming, especially if the class is big, like Alisa's.

Th3Pr3Tz3l

Registered Member
Wow really? Everyone who I know from other school has them...hrm.

As to it being time consuming, it's just 2 or 3 sentences to fill the time between getting your name called and getting up to the stage.

Now coming up with one that is serious (cause your families there) not corny (cause thats lame) and funny (cause your friends are there) is hard...

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
We didn't have them either. With 500 people that would have made graduation even more boring for the audience. :lol:

But thinking back, I'm pretty sure my comment would have been full of fail. At that time in my life I would have probably come up with something I'd look back pn and regret anyway. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We had those at our school, I wrote something in French, but I don't remember what it was. Something about making people laugh or something of that nature.

It might just be a Canadian thing Pretz.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
well I didn't have one of those, and there were only like 150 - 200 students in my class. We did have grad comments in the yearbook though.

Poetosis

Registered Member
There was no concievable reason for them doing that in the UK graduation ceremonies. Too many students over the course of many gruellingly long hours.

Still, the hats were cool.