Xbox 360 GoW2 Update: "Old School Weekend"

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Chaos, May 22, 2009.

1. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Swift, you are gonna love this one.

There's a new update for Gears of War 2, and it's called "Old School Weekend: Four Days Of Classic Play". What does that detail, I hear you ask? Why, precisely this:

Source: https://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=1644

So, it's old school play time for GoW2. For those who aren't regular players of Gears 2, the game modes Execution, Warzone, Annex, KotH (King of the Hill), Guardian, and Submission all require five man teams (bots notwithstanding). However, Gears of War 1 plays only four man teams. Plus, in GoW2, smoke(/stun/concussion) grenades knock you down and stun you - in Gears 1 they're literally just a smokescreen.

It'll be interesting to see how the no-stun smoke grenades affect regular players. Lord knows how many kills per game are via stun grenades (the players get knocked to the floor for about 5+ seconds; ample time for another player to waltz over and blast them with the shotgun).

Looks like we're in for another fun update, boys and girls - a good follow on from last weeks Double Experience Weekend. :mischievous:

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

YES!

Im going to be playing all day.

Marc lets get some games in!

3. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought you'd like it. :lol:

For sure, I'll be on some time tonight for sure. Probably evening-night time for you, thereabouts. :D