Governor of California?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was watching the news and they were talking about the wild fires in California, and they showed Arnold talking about what their trying to do to help the people and such.

I was just wondering, since I don't know much about U.S politics how is Arnold doing as the Governor? Is he doing a good job, or he's horrible?

2. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I think he's really listening to the people.. or at least when he first started.. he was trying to legalize weed in California.. I think

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

How much time you got?

For starters the state is bankrupt, taxes are high, businesses are leaving, and unemployment is one of the highest in the nation. Thats just for starters... I can think of a million ridiculous bureaucratic laws in the state that hinder liberty and freedom of choice. Gun laws, cell phones while driving, energy taxes, emission BS etc... he has not done anything to lift these restrictions on citizens. He has pretty much bent over to the Dems who have run that state into the shitter over the last 40 years or so.

I'm sure Ice can cite 101 reasons why he loves California when he chimes in.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Arnold is what we like to refer to as a "Rino", or "Republican in name only". I don't know how much the Democrats like him either but he certainly can spend with the best of them. I'm glad he's not [strike]running[/strike] ruining my state. ;)

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

From the little I've paid attention, I believe he was fairly popular for a little while (and people seemed pleasantly surprised), but now that everyone knows just how much of a shambles their economy is in...

6. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Why would he lift that in the first place? It's a risk to others on the road. It's like saying it'll be okay for people to drive while drunk. Obviously it's not 100% the same but people wreck while using their phones while driving. It's a hazard to everyone and can cost a life.

Bananas likes this.
  7. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Two words... Nanny Government :rolleyes:

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

heh.

To save the time I would spend writing a Masters Thesis on what he's done right and what he's done wrong. Lemme just go with something that means the most to me.

[​IMG]

These signs line Highway 198 and other highways that run along the Central Valley. As if the barren fields weren't a big enough reminder of how the Politicians have screwed California over, these just help to concrete that resentment that those of us who understand the importance of our agrarian resources not only to the California and American Economy... but the importance of the health of the nation as a whole.

Theres a commercial running currently that's paid for by "Families Protecting the valley" and "Farmers for Water" that uses the Catch phrase of if you like foreign oil..... you're gonna love Foreign food. And I feel that's a very interesting concept, because its true. We're in a position to lose everything and it seems as though the Politicians are more interested in promoting Tourism and Hollywood than they are the very basic of human needs.

Arnold in my opinion has done absolutely nothing to help this situation. In fact I feel his silence has only hurt it. So for that I have no respect for the guy as a politician.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

So I guess I got my question answered. So I'm assuming that the only reason why he won the election is because of his name, but mostly because who's he's married to?

10. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm 95% sure it's his name.. and I'm sure most will agree.. HE WON'T BE BACK!