• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Government Secrets

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I have just been reading an article on The Register about a space craft that has returned to earth but no-one really knows why it was there and what it was doing. It makes sense, NASA does not have the best track record as far as public perception is concerned and to be fair NASA have the right to hide details if they wish too.

There will of course be people out there who wish to know what they were doing and why they were there, the same counts for people like the FBI, MI5, The NSA etc etc, they have the right to keep secrets but on the basis our taxes fund these groups do we have the right to know what is going on? Do you think we should be able to effectively ask them what they do?

Missy_C

Registered Member
The details of what it was doing should be released in my opinion. I can’t think of a single legitimate reason why the information shouldn’t be made public. There’s a clear difference between them sending a shuttle into space, and something like the fbi/mi5 working on a case where secrecy is the only way they can stop an event happening.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't heard about the incident you are talking about. Do you have any links?

Secrets are important when developing new technology. Can't have others ripping off your idea's. But I think since people know of this craft its time to come forward with more information on it.

Last edited: