Government not allowing banks to repay bailout money?

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Wade8813, May 20, 2009.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Geithner Hints at High Bar In Letting Banks Repay Aid

Does that make ANY sense to anybody? Because it makes no sense to me.

It takes loan sharking to a whole new level when not only do they get to control you, they don't even let you pay them back...
    ------
    I just read an article in the Seattle Times, apparently Obama is talking about letting Chrysler off the hook in a lot of their loan agreements. Chrysler might only have to pay back ~40 cents for every dollar it owes.

Last edited: May 20, 2009

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Economic fascism. Thats what this is. It's the government saying "We own you, and if you don't keep the money we will shut you down and do mean and horrible things to you".

Same thing is happening with the car industry, and soon the energy industry.

It's happening in America... sad no one see's it.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  3. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

The feds are making Chrysler close 1/4 of their dealerships. Car companies do not lose money on dealerships. Car lot owners take all of the risk and pay the companies for the privilege of selling their cars. The federal government doesn't know what the hell its doing.
    If I wasn't living in this time, I would never have believed it. Our government is taking over entire industries and nobody seems to really care? :confused:

4. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Which proves the administration couldn't care less about fixing any problems with the economy. They're using the economy as an excuse to expand government intrusion into our lives, much the same as they did during the depression. It's sad to see this country making the same mistakes again and again.

5. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

If economic stimulus worked, the auto industry would be fine now. As always tho, the government stuck it's weenie in the soup and fucked it up... :rolleyes: